Moved into newbuild in Aug and no meter

New Post Advanced Search

Moved into newbuild in Aug and no meter

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Water Bills
7 replies 4.5K views
Dolly123Dolly123 Forumite
189 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Water Bills
We moved into a newbuild in August last year and was told by the developer that Thames Water would get in touch with us to create an account we are in June now and still haven’t got a bill we went to take the reading and we haven’t actually even got a meter fitted, what do we do? Can we be charged back to August?

Replies

• hollie.weimeranerhollie.weimeraner Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Contact Thames Water?
    3.975 KW Solar PV. 15 Canadian Black 265w panels with Sunny Boy 3600tl Inverter. SSE facing with 30 degree pitch. In occasionally sunny Sheffield.
    Toyota Auris Hybrid Tourer
  • wild666wild666 Forumite
    425 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Unless there are complications a water meter is fitted near the stop !!!!. I rented a new build about 12 years ago and the water meter was outside the property boundary under the pavement.
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you thinking the meter will be in the property ? Unlikely. As Wild666 look in the footpath.

Are you neighbours having the same problem ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • MothballsWalletMothballsWallet Forumite
    15.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wild666 wrote: »
    Unless there are complications a water meter is fitted near the stop !!!!. I rented a new build about 12 years ago and the water meter was outside the property boundary under the pavement.
    I live in the Severn Trent Water area, and there's a box with a metal lid labelled "STW BB" in the pavement outside my house , so, OP, there should be something like that near your house with "BB" on the lid.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
  • Dolly123Dolly123 Forumite
    189 posts
    There is 100% no meter attached!
  • Dolly123Dolly123 Forumite
    189 posts
    There is the hole for it with a lid saying ‘water’ just no meter
  • Call Thames Water.

I have a meter, allegedly. "Under a Bush, to the left of the drive. We took a meter reading in March 2018, sir!"

Can't be buried surely. So they're sending someone out to read it again and physically show me where it is...

They'll definitely be able to confirm what's going on.