We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Best Mobile Reception

Can anyone tell me how I can check to see who provides the best reception in my area. If there a site I can log into?

Comments

  • gtz101
    gtz101 Posts: 593 Forumite
    I'm not sure about your area specially but generally speaking, the networks that generally provide the best quality reception are:

    Vodaphone
    Orange
    O2

    Worst receptions:
    T-Mobile
    3
    Virgin Mobile (Uses T-Mobile network)
  • mcmanlyn
    mcmanlyn Posts: 422 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Go to each of the networks sites - you can put in postcodes & they'll tell you the coverage.

    I always find it's better to ask people though, as the websites will only tell you if it's non-existant! People will always tell you when they've had problems!
    Wondering how to have a life & not rack up more debts...
  • I agree with the post above - the best way to find out is to ask people what works. The information on the websites is often too general. Local delivery or tradespeople are often good sources of information because they need their 'phones to work in all parts of a town or area. Discovered that O2 works best round here.
  • http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/

    Try this link. It shows main networks and you can zoom in to your area. The best coverage for remote areas is Vodaphone. The guys who work on the West Highland railway Line use it. Last year I started climbing all the Munroes for charity and used Vodaphone with 90% success. Although when I had a very bad fall last Nov, my O2 phone wasn't damaged and I got a clear signal. Saved my life!!
    Have also been told that the strength of the in-built antenna is relevant.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.