PPI claim not being dealt with correctly.

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    molly57. wrote: »
    If I can find freephone numbers that would be helpful or else it is going to cost a fortune.
    Banks are not allowed to have Premium rate numbers, so it won't cost a fortune at all. If money is tight use a landline.
    Most of my accounts only had small balances on them so if there was any PPI then the amount I will get back will be minimal I think.
    Not much point spending any money now then. Write to them or use an E-Mail contact form on the bank's website...

Return the wrong information from another's account to the Bank. Up to you whether you actually contact the other party...
  • Molly4
    Molly4 Posts: 1,282 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have now spoken to Shop Direct on the phone and hopefully got this resolved for now. The person I spoke to admitted my 3 complaints had not been dealt with correctly and the correct procedures had not been followed. They don't normally write to you unless they have investigated and established whether you had PPI or not. So my 3 complaints have been submitted again and will hopefully follow the correct process this time.

The reason I was sent the other person's account details is because over time they do re-use account numbers. The other person and myself have the same account number and it is not clear why I was not sent my own details.

So it's a case of wait and see what happens now.

Thank you all for your input.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I spoke to admitted my 3 complaints had not been dealt with correctly and the correct procedures had not been followed. They don't normally write to you unless they have investigated and established whether you had PPI or not. So my 3 complaints have been submitted again....
    Why didn't you simply ask them if those accounts had any PPI?

It would have been a whole lot quicker and any subsequent complaint would have been far more compelling...

As it is, you've now basically "complained" (again) about something you may not even have had! What was your complaint reason?
  • Molly4
    Options
    Thank you Moneyineptitude. I did explain my reason for complaining in my post on 31st May timed 06.54am. The reason I took a short cut and went straight for a complaint is because I have cancer and am going through chemotherapy at present and this was the easiest option for me or so I thought.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I did explain my reason for complaining in my post on 31st May timed 06.54am.
    Yes, but you'll have egg all over your face if it turns out you didn't actually have any PPI. By the way, it's a common misconception (spread by claim companies) that PPI was routinely added without the knowledge and permission of the customer.

Even if it was somehow added, why didn't you query/ cancel it when you saw it on every monthly statement?
    The reason I took a short cut and went straight for a complaint is because I have cancer and am going through chemotherapy at present and this was the easiest option for me or so I thought.
    Well you'll now have to wait a further eight weeks while they check if you actually had any PPI. If you'd simply asked the question (this time or last time) you would have known immediately if a complaint was warranted.

Sorry about your health.
  • Molly4
    Options
    This forum/thread is here to help people and give them advice and guidance. It is not here for other users to try and make people justify why they did or didn't do something. None of us are perfect and that is why we ask for help.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    This forum/thread is here to help people and give them advice and guidance. It is not here for other users to try and make people justify why they did or didn't do something. None of us are perfect and that is why we ask for help.
    You are free to do as you like, just as I am free to give my opinion on what is a discussion forum. You are not required to "justify" anything.

If you find my post unhelpful simply ignore it.

Your errors, and my criticism of them, will surely help others not to make the same mistakes?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

The forum IS giving you advice. Sending in a complaint about miss-selling PPI when you didn't have it does serious harm to your credibility, it makes you look like a chancer / liar and so if you did have it on a different product with the bank, they are likely to think perhaps you're making up the other parts of your complaint.

Establish you had it (ring up or fill in the form that most banks have on their website)
    If you did, consider your complaint reasons
    Complain
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family