Great Christmas Day MoneySaving Dinner, Booze, Games & More Hunt

124»

Comments

• That sounds great but how do you cook them?

Do you do them as normal?

I like my veg with a little "bite" to it so I usually bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins then turn off the heat but leave the lid on your pan so that they cook for a little bit longer.

If you're still not sure then have a look at the frozen veg in the supermarket and use those guidelines.
  • kay41_2
    kay41_2 Posts: 179 Forumite
    I make Limoncello which is vodka, fresh lemon juice and zest, sugar and water. It is fabulous and tastes just like the real thing. You keep it in the freezer and serve it ice cold in shot glasses. Also Sloe Gin is great and very Christmassy. Unfortunately the time for Sloes is September/Oct so you need to think ahead, but last year i picked a load and froze them and so can make the gin out of season. It is also used as a mixer with white wine, champagne or sparkling wine, a bit like a Kir. Beware - sloe gin has a kick like a mule and has meant many a Christmas thick head for us and our guests. I can post the recipes for both here if anyone is interested. For each of the above you can make about 1.5 litres for under a tenner!
  • leejo_2
    leejo_2 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Hi Kay 41
    please could you post your recipes for sloe gin (and Limoncello)
    I used to have a recipe for sloe gin but lost it!!...probably after testing the sloe gin!!!
    Many Thanks
  • auntynet
    auntynet Posts: 71 Forumite
    kay41 wrote: »
    I make Limoncello which is vodka, fresh lemon juice and zest, sugar and water. It is fabulous and tastes just like the real thing. You keep it in the freezer and serve it ice cold in shot glasses. I can post the recipes for both here if anyone is interested. For each of the above you can make about 1.5 litres for under a tenner!

I'd love to try the Limoncello - sound delicious. Please can you post the recipe also, just wondering if you could add martini to it.

Does anyone else have a tried and tested recipe for vodka martini (shaken not stirred ;) ) cos there are so many different ones on the net I don't know which one to try. I went on a boozy day trip with the girls once and one woman (friend of a friend of a friend etc) brought some and it was delicious but had a real kick to it. Think she said she used limes and lemons in her recipe.
  • feclmum
    feclmum Posts: 216 Forumite
    lidl's cranberry sauce is yummy. Has whole cranberries in syrup.
    What i want is a very good but as cheap as possible chateauneuf du pape!
    hi
    i saw chateauneuf du pape in our local aldi this week think it was about £8
  • My 1st post!!
    I would urge caution with Vigin wines, I ordered a case last Christmas with G'teed christmas delivery. Nothing arrived, I was told all sorts of lies.
    I also did not get the free bottles they "gave" me.

HUMBUG
    A bargin is only a bargin if you would pay full price for it.
  • feclmum wrote: »
    hi
    i saw chateauneuf du pape in our local aldi this week think it was about £8

Tesco just sent me an email with 'finest' chateauneuf du pape for £6.63 a bottle - I think you have to buy a minimum of 6 online, not sure if it's available instore
    :beer: :beer: :beer:
  • Andew_Hove wrote: »
    My 1st post!!
    I would urge caution with Vigin wines, I ordered a case last Christmas with G'teed christmas delivery. Nothing arrived, I was told all sorts of lies.
    I also did not get the free bottles they "gave" me.

HUMBUG

I can only go by my experience and the people I have referred (I think 8 people so far) and we have had no reported problems. Did you receive it after Christmas? My Mum's arrived particularly quickly I though - ordered late Tuesday evening and delivered first thing Monday. I'm just about to order my second case.
    :beer: :beer: :beer:
  • ashli_2
    ashli_2 Posts: 359 Forumite
    Tesco Extra near me (Abbeydale Sheffield) have pot grown trees for £15. I unwrapped mine yesterday and it's lovely, I'm very happy with it.

I was going to order my tree online for £30 + delivery so it has saved me a good £20. :money:
    Total Original Debt: £30404.24
    Current debt: £18586.16
    Total Paid: £11857.74 38.95% :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills