Easyjet

Options
Does anyone know if you can take my handbag separately with my cabin luggage on an easyJet flight. I haven't paid for flexi or Plus thanks

Comments

• JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've always taken both a rucksack (in the overhead locker) and a smaller bag (under the seat in front), without paying anything extra. If the flight is really full it's possible the cabin staff could insist on the larger bag going in the hold, but don't think they would have a means of charging you.
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £131 of £366
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/baggage/cabin-bag-and-hold-luggage
    one piece only unless Flexi, Upfront, Extra Legroom customers and easyJet Plus cardholders
    many people put the smaller bag in the larger one for boarding
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My wife was told to put her handbag inside her cabin luggage case and they stood next to her while she did do.

Their policy is quite clear, only one bag unless you have paid extra as mentioned above.
  • maggiesoup
    maggiesoup Posts: 766 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks everyone. As I suspected, on the face of it only 1 piece of luggage. Same as Ryanair, which we've used twice this year but I didn't have to put my handbag into my cabin bag. I've leave enough room just in case.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Neil49 wrote: »
    My wife was told to put her handbag inside her cabin luggage case and they stood next to her while she did do.

Their policy is quite clear, only one bag unless you have paid extra as mentioned above.

Same here - she takes it off her shoulder and into the cabin bag, walks ten yards and then puts it back on her shoulder.
    A completely pointless exercise, but rules is rules!
  • Baby_Angel
    Baby_Angel Posts: 540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We travel frequently with easyjet. Sometimes they are lenient with the additional handbag and other times they insist on the handbag to go into the cabin bag (for non flexi/plus customers). Like the previous posters do, we put in the cabin bag for a few yards :D

In London Luton we have been often asked if we want to put our cabin bags in hold, which is free of charge when they request it. We go prepared for all scenarios, with padlocks and all :D
    SPC 08 - #452 - £415
    SPC 09 - #452 - £298
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family