Thomas cook compensation

Hi, we were booked on a return flight from spain to the Uk. A few days before our return our travel agents emailed to say flight had changed to a full 24 hours later. After several hours of frantic phone calls our travel agent managed to get us onto a flight with a different courier. We couldn't stay on due to disability, medication, travel insurance cover, car on car park, mobility scooter hire and no availability at our accomodation. I am awaiting details of why the flight changed so dramatically. Do I have a case for 'delayed flight' compensation? Thanks

Comments

• mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    How long were you actually delayed for in the end?
  • We would have been delayed 24 hours had I not taken steps to secure a flight with a different airline, bit of a 'grey area' this one
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Pauleenw wrote: »
    We would have been delayed 24 hours had I not taken steps to secure a flight with a different airline, bit of a 'grey area' this one

how long were you actually delayed?
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You'll need to post the exact timings (departure + arrival) of your original flight vs the timings of the flight you took instead. If you paid for the alternative flight yourself (it sounds like you didn't?) you are most likely entitled to a refund of this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure