Virgin Media after 15 years of loyalty

Options
2»

Comments

• jb66
    jb66 Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Every time we get notification of an increase we ring up to complain, get nowhere so we cancel our account. They always ring back a couple of days later with an offer to tempt us to stay.

We are paying £25.50 for 50mb.

Thats not a good deal, your better off getting FTTC
  • wapow
    wapow Posts: 939 Forumite
    Options
    Do you think your pride or ego is getting in the way? I ask this because there is absolutely no issue in you cancelling, then if by the last hour you haven't had them call you, just call them up and say "i've had a thought about it and ill accept the offer that was given to me initially"

(Make up an offer)

There is absolutely no reason for you to feel dumb, stupid or anything else for doing this. They might question you and say you're talking crap, then push back and say well i've been a customer for x amount of years, what offers do you have for me.

Youre just a number to them. Treat them as such. They wont give you the best deals on your first attempt, they will only give it to you as a last resort.

Its all about the bottom line.

Remember this before you go on your call and some of your inhibitions might be dropped and you'll be more confident.

If you dont like what you hear, hang up and try again.

Done this a number of times with various providers of this size.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure