Don't want to do this job for ever

edited 6 November 2019 at 12:43AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
25 replies 2.6K views

Replies

• diggingdudediggingdude Forumite
    2.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like your thinking. It's currently turning a 25 year mortgage into a 15 year one
    An answer isn't spam just because you don't like it......
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    6 months of over payments and seriously noticing the difference in the LTV. Originally 11% LTV now 17.24%. could get addicted to this
  • liuhutOzliuhutOz Forumite
    183 posts
    Thats great about the LTV. With a fixed rate, they often limit the OP you can make. How much is yours?
    Formally liuhut
    WIN £2008 in 2008 £1836.31 2009 wins - £91!!! 2010 6170.... wins 2011 aprox 2000
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It says I can pay 11k a year overpayment currently. The mortgage isn't big (part of the reason for moving back north) so even small overpayments have a demonstrable impact. I'm now wondering what I should cut back on next :)
  • gwynlasgwynlas Forumite
    561 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Good going on overayments so far. Whilst you can look at cutting back on things that might not cause you any hardship do not forget life is for living. Would you consider renting a room/airbnb in order to create extra money?
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly having someone in the house isn't an option I can consider at the moment. I work as a social worker and it is really draining me, home is a refuge from other people and their lives. Might be an option later down the line when I can't do this anymore
  • Cornish_mumCornish_mum Forumite
    142 posts
    100 Posts
    Have you thought about ways to make money for introverts. I too have a very busy and emotionally draining work life but found online ways to make small amounts of money ok to manage on top of normal work. Last year I did bank account switch bonuses, top cash back, refund claims and voucher clipping for food and travel costs. I netted £1200 over the year! I did surveys and gumtree selling which were too time consuming for the money really. I carried on with gumtree selling to try and do my bit to make sure things aren’t wasted.

Good luck CM
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do most of my shopping via cashback sites etc and do online surveys when I can. Haven't really found much else.
  • yogavibesyogavibes Forumite
    100 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    sounds like your over payments are going really well - keep up the good work
    Jan 2020: MFW #69 Mortgage: £241660 Jan OP £1026, Feb OP £964.26 March OP £1000 May OP £1000 June OP £1000 July OP £1024 Aug £1020.98 total OP = £7035.24, mortgage balance £229500
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another £301 overpaid. I need to speak to Skipton as I would like to increase the regular overpayment a little to about £400 but need to be sure i can decrease it when i need to as going to have to buy a new car sometime soon.

Been finding it a little difficult to keep motivated as the overpayment would have paid for a new kitchen (current one is nasty), but with no Mrs Diggingdude currently on the scene I think I can get away with it for another year or two yet.

Just need to wait a week or so for Skiption to update the LTV now :)