New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

National Parking Enforcement Ltd

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
17 replies 1.7K views
matnkazxmatnkazx Forumite
11 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi! New here so wasn't sure where to post so I hope this goes to the right place!

Some kind person told me to post a new thread so here it is :)

I've received a charge for £100, reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days etc etc etc.
The charge is for a car park which I parked in from 6:23pm till 9:01pm.
I paid £1.60 which was for the hour because the car park only accepted payments up until 7pm. There was only signage to state that no overnight parking was allowed and after reading further on the website of the car park, it states that the car park is closed at 7pm.

"The charge relates to the period of parking specified above, the charge having been brought to the attention of the driver by clear signage in and around the Site and the time of parking."

They have provided me with photos of my car parked and when it left (in darkness with just my lights on and number plate).

I have started the appeal process but have not sent it yet as I wanted to make sure I was doing it right before going ahead.

I've copied the text from the above post (see below) and taken out the point of where it says provide photos as I guess they have done that. I paid the £1.60 and this was the maximum the machine would accept at this point. So what do I do now?

Thank you for your help!

Mat

Dear National Parking Enforcement Ltd.

Re PCN number:

I am the keeper of the vehicle and am aware of your purported 'parking charge'. The driver will not be identified. I require the following information so that I can make an informed decision:

1. Who is the party that contracted with your company and are they the landowner?
2. Is your charge based on damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
3. Please provide photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract with the driver.
4. Please provide proof that the timing of any camera or timer used was synchronised with all other cameras and/or systems & machines.

Do not send debt collector letters and do not add any costs, which would be a thinly-veiled attempt at 'double recovery'. I will not respond to debt collectors and to involve a third party would be a failure to mitigate your costs as well as deliberate and knowing misuse of my data.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause (e.g. if you do not fully comply with the IPC Code of Practice in terms of signage at this site, as seems likely based on my research) please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me. I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle.

I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

The Keeper of the vehicle

Replies

• matnkazxmatnkazx Forumite
    11 posts
    Just to also add to this, on the website of this car park this is what it says.
    Prices
    Mon-Sun 07:00 - 19:00
    1 Hour £1.60
    So what are you supposed to do outside of these hours?!
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    21.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a really old appeal text that you have dragged up from somewhere.

Can I suggest you read post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread?

In there you will find a blue text template appeal.

Send that without change - no additions or alterations needed.

Send it as the keeper.

What car park?
    11 posts
    I have now deleted the original post and taken out that template and replaced it with this one.

Re PCN number:

I dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a formal complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner and to my MP.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Since your PCN is a vague template, I require ALL photos taken and an explanation of the allegation and your evidence, i.e.:

- If the allegation concerns a PDT machine, the data supplied in response to this appeal must include the record of payments made - showing partial VRNs - and an explanation of the reason for the PCN, because your Notice does not explain it.

- If the allegation involves an alleged overstay of minutes, your evidence must include the actual grace period agreed by the landowner. If you fail to evidence the actual grace period that applies at this site or suggest that only one period applies, this will be disregarded as an attempt to mislead. In the absence of evidence, it will be reasonably taken to be a minimum of twenty minutes (ten on arrival and ten after parking time) in accordance with the official BPA article by Kelvin Reynolds about 'observation periods' on arrival being additional and separate to a 'grace period' at the end.

- in all cases, you must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date.

Formal note:
    Should you later pursue this charge by way of litigation, note that service of any legal documents by email is expressly disallowed and you are not entitled to assume that the data in this dispute/appeal remains the current address for service in the future.

Yours faithfully,
    11 posts
    And the car park in question is one in Hemsby - Westbank Beach Road - NR29 4HS
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    21.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    matnkazx wrote: »
    Just to also add to this, on the website of this car park this is what it says.
    Prices
    Mon-Sun 07:00 - 19:00
    1 Hour £1.60
    So what are you supposed to do outside of these hours?!
    On the sign outside it says:
    Car parks Open at 7am - Close at 7pm prompt.

To me that is a sign prohibiting parking after 7pm.
    11 posts
    So does that mean I should pay or appeal the ticket?
  • edited 17 May 2019 at 11:43PM
    matnkazxmatnkazx Forumite
    11 posts
    edited 17 May 2019 at 11:43PM
    Oh that's the car park for the dunes at the bottom. The car park I parked in is not as far down! :)
    This is the one I parked at.
    11 posts
    It's not letting me add the picture because I'm new :)
    But if you find the Karting Centre, it's the one which is next to it.
    Sign says £1.50 per hour or £6 all day but I'm assuming they are old signs as it's now £1.60 per hour.
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    21.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    11 posts
    Yes that's the one!