New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Looking4Parking double charging

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
12 replies 534 views
CharlieRidgeCharlieRidge Forumite
3 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi. I've just booked Gatwick parking via Looking4Parking website, having seen it recommended on MSE. During the process, the Looking4Parking website crashed, requiring me to reenter my PayPal password. Once the booking was complete, I find I have double paid on PayPal. Looking4Parking are claiming that I have not double paid, and hence won't refund the second payment, and PayPal resolution centre say that this is not eligible for them to refund me either. I'm furious, but Looking4Parking, who's fault this is, has stopped responding. Any tips anyone?
I suggest MSE take them down as a recommended supplier.
£66 wasted...appalled!

Replies

• KeithPKeithP Forumite
    21.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try the ebay board. They have lots of Paypal experts there.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    84.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking4Parking are claiming that I have not double paid, and hence won't refund the second payment,
    You can prove it by showing them a bank statement, surely?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I sent them Barclaycard statement but all they do is look at their system (which crashed and so is wrong) and say it’s my problem to deal with PayPal! I say it’s their problem to sort out and they refuse!
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This appears to be a matter for Trading Standards.f
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Looking4.comLooking4.com Awaiting Authorisation
    1 posts
    Hi Charlie,
    I am a representative of Looking4.com and work in our administrations and back office team. I am really sorry to hear you have had this issue and it has been brought to my attention. I can assure you that we have done everything we can on our side to locate that payment however we cannot find any log or record of it on our payment gateways. If you have the specific PayPal invoice ID for that transaction, please pass it to the customer service team and we can use that that contact PayPal with on your behalf. We do hope to get to the bottom of this for you even if the investigation we have completed so far has not given the desired result.
    Kind regards, Looking4.com
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    84.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    9.7K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure I believe post # 6, as company representatives are supposed to register with MSE and gain permission to be able to post on behalf of the company.
  • The_Slithy_ToveThe_Slithy_Tove Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking4.com, 1 post, registered this month. Sounds fishy to me.
  • Thanks all for your attention on this. The company has now contacted me via email saying that they will looking into it further with a view to refunding me. Let's see where this gets to and I will report back.
  • We booked meet and greet for Gatwick airport. Instructions given were to call 25 mins before arrival. Got there, called numbers, none of which worked. Called looking4parking and were told that Gatwick was no longer running. No offer of help. 30mins to find parking ourselves whilst parked in a lay-bye. Not amused , stressed. Special thanks in all fairness to Gatwick airport customer services. Let the battle commence with looking4parking on our return . Zero customer service