IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Surge in parking tickets issued by private firms - MSE News

Options
Almost seven million sets of motorists' details have been handed over to private parking firms in the last year - a rise of more than one million compared to the year before...
Read the full story:
'Surge in parking tickets issued by private firms'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail

Comments

• NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Perhaps this would have been better placed on the parking sub forum?
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    NeilCr wrote: »
    Perhaps this would have been better placed on the parking sub forum?

Agreed, what hope is there when even those at MSE towers can't post in the right forums.:mad:
  • jinkssick
    jinkssick Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The way to get around this is a charge of £50 for them to get your reg details of DVLA and a wide industry limit of £100 per parking offence. Meaning that they would only pursue those they were 100% sure to win. Simple.
    Save saynoto0870.com in your favorites, and stop giving companies more £££ dialling 0870 numbers when you can dial freephones or cheaper alternatives
    call your credit card company, tell them that you want to leave, 99% of the time theyll lower your APR%
    Remember when that Bank Manager or Salesperson smiles at you, all he sees is £ notes. Dont forget the motto, "the wider their grin, the more debt your in"
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    The way to get round this is not to take the !!!! when you park on other people's land.
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    The way to get round this is not to take the !!!! when you park on other people's land.

I took the !!!! with a parking Co once , I entered 0 or O , cant remember which , but they tried charging me £100 for that mistake

as one of the charioteers above has never been used by the DVLA , why did they have it on the key terminal
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »

If other people don't want you to park on their land they should put up barriers and access controls.
  • AdrianC
    Options
    I took the !!!! with a parking Co once , I entered 0 or O , cant remember which , but they tried charging me £100 for that mistake

as one of the charioteers above has never been used by the DVLA , why did they have it on the key terminal
    Both zero and letter O have always been used on plates, and still are, often alongside each other on the same plate.
    land_rover_discovery_3_rear.jpg

But "Wah, it's not my fault I couldn't follow basic instructions correctly" is about par for the course for those who complain about not being able to park where they like with impunity.
    If other people don't want you to park on their land they should put up barriers and access controls.
    Perhaps they're quite happy for their legitimate customers to use their car park, for a fair period of time?
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    you are almost right , the number zero and the letter o have and are used

however they are the same !!

the DVLA never did and will never use the number zero

zero.png
  • AdrianC
    Options
    It's the same glyph, but it's used for both characters.

Are you really trying to tell me that the age identifier on that Disco3 is "letter oh digit five"?
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    why is there a charector on the parking Cos keypad that is not used by the DVLA

all there to confuse things ,

instead of buying in equipment from foreign countries , why not have a key display like this

zero.png

at least 25% of all parking cases are because of bad keyboard ,

hell , we dont even need qwerty , just nice and simple !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure