Simple list linking banks?

Options
Is there a list anywhere which tells you which banks are linked to which? I am aware that the first £85,000 of any money in a bank is protected by the FSA if the bank collapses. However if you were lucky enough to have £85,000 in NatWest and another £85,000 in the Royal Bank of Scotland, because these banks are all part of the same group this would mean only £85,000 was protected (I believe).

I have a couple of cards - Revolut / Starling which have pre-loaded money on them and was trying to find out if they were associated with any of the other big banks, but there does not appear to be a simple list / idiot guide that I can find.

Comments

• eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Starling Bank and Revolut are not part of any kind of banking group. I don't think Revolut offer FSCS protection. If you need to know more about the main groups it's best to ask on the Banking board.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

have a look here.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    MSE article: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/safe-savings/ (why does nobody ever look at the main site first?)

As for your examples, NatWest & RBS are separate institutions so both are covered. Halifax & Bank of Scotland are the same institution so only covered once.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • LinBWales
    LinBWales Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Many thanks frugalmacdugal, exactly what I was looking for. Very kind!

And Tigsteroonie, I did look at the main site first but could not find what I was looking for. Hence posting on here.

I agree that after I had posted it I thought it may have been better to post on the banking board but my post was specifically because I was concerned about the travel cards I use.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure