IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Text from Gladstones

Options
Hello All,

Received a text from Gladstones today regarding an amount due which read as;

Due: £160.00
You have not responded to our Pre-Action Letter. Please visit !!!!!!/gsl-pay or call 01565 755088 to avoid court action. Quote Ref: xxxxx-xxxxx

Now I did receive a private parking fine in April 2017. I just ignored it at the time and had about 7 'Final demands' offering different amounts to pay to settle it which I ignored. They stopped in October 17. I don't disagree with the fine as the signage was there, I chanced it as I was only going to be there for 5 mins but got caught out.

I moved house in November 18 and had a mail redirect on, I assume that any further letters would still have gone to my old address. I'd forgotten about it as I hadn't heard anything for a good year and a half until this morning. I did go on the Gladstones website and register using the ref they gave was concerned about having to register with all my details, so used a false number and an email I never really use. Funnily enough now I've registered, when I try and log in it just refreshes back to the home screen despite stating that it would allow me to see all case details.

I'm not sure if I should call up regarding it? I assume they would ask me for personal details again before discussing which I'm not really comfortable with. I'm also not sure how they got my mobile number as I've never given it out regarding the parking fine. Should I contact to discuss further, or is it just a coincidence and they're trying their luck?

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    never phone the sc@mmers up

if you wish to do anything at all , email aSAR to the DPO at the PPC involved with a scan or pic of the V5C and get all their data held on you

then give them your correct new address etc for the service of papers , or add it into the SAR
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Which parking company is this? Some rush to court more readily than others.

In saying that there is a good chance a claim is winging its way to your old address if you don't act promptly.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    There is a lt more than signage to make a PCN lawful, and nine times out of ten these tickets are scams and will fail in court so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, ersistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies. kk
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • matthewwallis
    Options
    Been back today to find out and seems it’s run by 2 companies?! The signage has changed now as it states about new GDPR rules, it didn’t that on in April 2017.

There are 2 signs right next to each other. One states it’s managed by UKPS Ltd and the other states it’s run by Pall Mall
  • waamo
    Options
    Never heard of Pall Mall. Are you sure it's not UKPS on behalf of Pall Mall?

UKPS are well known here.
  • matthewwallis
    Options
    These are the 2 signs that are at the car park. It won’t let me post a link to the image but one says the car park is owned and managed by Pall Mall. The other says Managed by UKPS
  • waamo
    Options
    Pall Mall will be the proper owner then. UKPS will have been employed to manage car parking.

If you want to post a link change the http to hxxp and someone will fix the link for you.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    NEWBIES - HOW TO UPLOAD LINKS TO PHOTOS/SCANS TO MSE

To upload a photo/scan link, you first need to host it on a free photo hosting site (like Dropbox, Imurg or Tinypic), copy the URL, paste it here, but change the http to hxxp and we'll do the conversion. Newbies can't directly upload links to photos/scans until they've a few posts under their belt.

Ralph:cool:
  • matthewwallis
    Options
    [IMG]hxxps://postimg.cc/7CXMkyhs[/IMG]
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,953 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    https://postimg.cc/7CXMkyhs

Pall Mall are the owners and theirs is not a parking contractual sign.

Send UKPS, by email to their Data Protection Officer (see their PRIVACY PAGE):

a SAR and
    a RECTIFICATION NOTICE and
    ERASURE NOTICE

Search the forum for one of those words; it saves us lots of typing!

Also send a copy to Gladstones so they also erase the old address, so you don't get caught out by a CCJ to the old address, which is what is about to happen.

DO NOT PAY. You need the SAR to see the photos, letters & data held by UKPS.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure