in Debt Free Diaries
165 replies 10.6K views

Replies

• MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    13.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today has been productive.

1. Both PPI forms done by hand, just need to type and print tomorrow, will also prepare a covering letter.
    2. Letter prepared and ready to go to the creditor who wrote to my ex at my address, copy ready to go to the debt company - I have highlighted were they went wrong ;)
    3. Letter, with copy of previous letter, ready to go to debt number two, reminding them they haven't responded to my previous letter and advising them the debt is unenforceable at this stage.
    4. I printed a calendar off today, covering the rest of the year, means I can keep track of what's going on, when it's going on and remind me if I need to do anything.

All letters being posted tomorrow on my way to work.

Be nice if I knew what was going on with debts two and three as I feel like I'm in limbo! I want to pay instalments or move on from them. I really am getting impatient in my old age :D

Next week my payment comes out for the CCJ and it will be nice to see that go down again!

Tasks to do the weekend:

1. Filing.
    2. Read printed PPI forms and post them off if everything is ok.

Positive ending for today:

Had a wonderful chat with my broker. It's good to keep in touch and provide an update as you never know what happens with the mortgage market having adverse history. But for now I'm quietly confident I'm moving in the right direction!

I also submitted two applications for where I am temping, one is a department across the road, the other is for a different site, both are the same salary grade. Ideally I want to stay at this site as I have got to know people here, but I just have to wait and see what happens; either way I'm going to be checking the vacancy site daily and getting my applications in quicker.

I have prepared a couple of templates for my personal statement, so I can copy and paste them into the application, tweak as necessary and it saves a lot of time doing the applications now!

Debt balances stand at:

1. £837.96 (CCJ)
    2. £1887.60
    3. £6,819.95

Money towards debts/monthly installments stands at:

£454.96
    13.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. All letters posted.
    2. PPI forms prepared and printed for review, I thought I had left my old CC's at home last week but upon looking for them this morning they were in my bag!
    3. Received more letters today for my ex, for a creditor I have never been in touch with as it's not mine. Turned out the former DMC wrote to his creditors to give my address. Ranging over it!
    4. Creditors have changed ex's address back to the FMH.
    5. Verbal and written complaint submitted to former DMC and I will be taking this to the FOS. A 'sorry' is not cutting it with me over this.

Debt balances stand at:

1. £837.96 (CCJ)
    2. £1887.60
    3. £6,819.95

£459.56
    13.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The calendar I printed off is for the rest of this year so I can mark my CCJ payments and know when they are coming out the DPA. I can also put notes on it about when I want to follow anything up. I pinned it to the freezer for ease of updating it.

2. PPI forms are ready to go! Just need bigger envelopes and more stamps. Have to wait til Friday to get them and get them posted off.

3. No response from the bank who did a search on me, will follow that up the weekend.

4. No response from my former DMC yet, will go straight to FOS if nothing is heard after a week. Must put it on my calendar!

5. No further response from D3, no response as yet from D2.

6. Still on schedule for August 2019 to get the CCJ paid off due to having five pay days.

7. When the CCJ is paid off the instalment will still go into the DPA towards F&FS on D2 and D3, if enforceable. The DPA will soon start to look healthy :)

8. Decided to give D2 and D3 until the end of the year to provide paperwork before I go in with my F&FS, allows me time to build up the DPA as per 7 above.

9. Worked out I would need to put over half my monthly wages into the bank to get all my debts paid off in full within a year and a half :( that's an impossible challenge due to bills, but could be feasible when I land full-time work!

10. Submitted several applications for jobs last night and decided I really don't want to return to my previous career. I am stressing about finding a permanent role ready for when my temp one finishes, but am not just applying for any job.

Positive ending for the day... my CCJ instalment goes out on Friday and it will be good to see that go down a bit more :D

Debt balances stand at:

1. £837.96 (CCJ)
    2. £1887.60
    3. £6,819.95

£460.46
    13.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, made it to the end of the week and it's CCJ instalment day :D

1. The bank who did the ML search are looking into my complaint. I've given them my address as they sold the debts off years ago and I have the CCJ to prove it.

2. No response to the complaint to my former DMC. No surprises there.

3. No response from D2, no further response from D3, I'm just going to sit back and wait a while.

My goodness, what am I going to do with myself when all my complaints are done and my debts paid off! Seems strange desperately trying to get the debts paid off so I can get in (a positive) debt with a mortgage :)

Happy ending is I cashed in my survey money, got a couple of supermarket vouchers and did some shopping yesterday! Still got all my supermarket points building up for Christmas; did I really mention that word in June.

Debt balances stand at:

1. £767.96 (CCJ)
    2. £1887.60
    3. £6,819.95

£425.94
    13.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing exciting!

1. The bank who did the ML search have dismissed my complaint. I'm submitting all the details to the FOS.

2. Former DMC have written to acknowledge my complaint.

3. I've submitted a further complaint to the former DMC as I'm receiving texts and emails offering their agents assistance with PPI complaints; I've previously told them and their agents I wasn't interested.

4. No response from D2 and D3. Just going to wait and send no more correspondence to them now.

5. PPI forms reviewed and ready to be posted Monday.

6. Several job applications submitted over the last few days.

Things should get a little quieter as I wait for everyone to find papers etc.

Positive note for today, got took for a lovely walk by a river this morning, plenty of places for me to stop and rest. Made me realise how much I love this part of Scotland and am not sure I want to move to a cheaper area when I buy, but I haven't really been over where I'm being recommended so must do that soon!

No changes to debt / savings figures at the moment and will revisit it once I've received my final wage for this month and all the bills are paid :D
    13.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End of week update.

1. I've submitted my PPI complaints online to the bank, Bank L.

2. Will be submitting the paper copies to the other bank, Bank T. I wouldn't have bothered but as they have records as well I've nothing to lose.

Done a little research as my old CC had bank LT on it. I swear my account was with bank T as I thought they only merged 'recently' with bank L, but I guess the 90's is recent when time flies :D

Got to wait and see what happens.

3. Started preparing my letter to the FOS and ICO.

I have to to this at work (no PC at home and believe it or not I don't like typing loads up on my phone!), but have had my colleagues turning up early most of the week so I haven't been able to finish the letters. Will get them finished next week.

4. Former DMC are lumping my two complaints together.

I'm finding it very interesting they have not completed their investigation quickly, compared to the time they investigated my other complaint (their mishandling/omission of a debt which ended up turning into a CCJ).

5. Applied for several jobs in the overall company I'm working for, got another rejection today.

I know why I get rejected, it's just very hard to 'dumb down' my CV after my previous career and management experience.

I've taken a different stance when applying for other vacancies and putting an explanation in my covering email as well as offering to speak via the telephone.

It's difficult as I want to stay where I am, but dealing with a specific area (which is expanding) where I've slotted in and really help the people, but there is no guarantee anything will come of it. Will try and do some digging next week during my meeting with them; yes that team want me to stay too but it is genuinely outside of their control.

I've an application going in today via an agency, not the one I am temping with, for an interesting role; I can easily do it but it's not 100% what I want to do.

6. I'm still on schedule for paying the CCJ off in August :D

Positive ending for the day:

This weekend I will be visiting a few areas I am thinking of buying in, to see how the feel and match what I want out of a permanent location. Should be fun!

I would like to stay in the general area (5 - 10 miles) I'm renting in, but just cannot afford to do so on the wages I will be earning. Yes, I know I could go for a more ambitious role but I have to balance it with my health, hence why I've dropped out of my career.

Debt balances stand at:

1. £767.96 (CCJ)
    2. £1887.60
    3. £6,819.95

£436.97
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Sounds like a very, very productive week and I hope you enjoy exploring the areas :D
    13.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The exploring was fun! Stopped off in several places to get a 'feel' for the area, size up properties, surrounding land, the beaches and assess photo opportunities. A couple of areas I drove through without stopping as even in the car it didn't feel right. But I've four potential areas, so that was worthwhile :) contemplating another visit to see what the northern part is like, but am going back to recheck the four areas in a few weeks.

Got another two counties (?) to check out over the next few months.

Still trying to work out how I can get the mortgage to stick around this city, or save to match the money I will potentially be able to borrow which would take years then the mortgage term would be shorter, but I'm not prepared to go into a high pressure role, or requalify.

I will admit June has been a bit of a 'spendy' month for me. I've declined so many girls meet ups since I've moved up here, mainly because I just haven't got any 'fancy' outfits and felt frumpy when I've met up with them. Yes, I hit eBay and purchased some vintage jewellery (£10), three pairs of designer shoes (£18) and two very nice dresses (£8) and a clutch bag (£1) I also purchased a handbag from the charity shop the weekend (£3). I didn't pack all my clothes / shoes / jewellery etc when I relocated and started my new life as there was only so much I could bring and fit in a room.

I do feel bad that I've spent so much, when I could have saved the money towards my debts or the deposit, but at the same time I still need a bit of a social life occasionally.

No luck on the job front yet, just got to keep plugging away at it. I am getting stressed about it, but know the right job is out there somewhere. I know the minimum salary I can work for to get a property.

I'm somehow going to have to tone down my CV. The roles I am going for probably have the managers thinking I won't stick around.

I did have a very honest conversation with an agency, who placed me when I first moved up here, and she understood why I'm not following my English career. Have to see what happens with the role she is putting me forward for. She told me I was rejected for one job due to having a CCJ :(

I'm also stressing about debts 2 and 3.

I think the stress is just because I'm not sleeping as some nights I just cannot switch off from thinking and i'm in a lot of pain at the moment.

In a way I'm also stressing about getting into debt by having a mortgage in the future, it's daft as if I rent for another two and a bit years the total over the five years is half a house!

Came home to another letter addressed to my ex! Don't think the poor person on the end of the phone was happy, until they transferred me to a manager! Anyhow, I've been assured his details have been set back to the FMH, my complaint is resolved but they have said if I get any more letters I can go straight to the FOS; which I would do as I've told them and their DCA several times and sent letters telling them.

No response from my former DMC. This I am finding very interesting as I explained in one of my other posts. Must check the date of my original complaint, put it on my calendar and prepare the FOS letter.

Need to finish my FOS and ICO letters this week about the AML search.

Last moan for the day! My normal timesheet authorisor is off this week, for some unknown reason my agency have sent my timesheet to her, instead of another person they agreed to last week, have spent most of today trying to get it sorted out but it's still not signed off! Will be going to see the person tomorrow morning to find out from her what is going on.

Unfortunately, I need this wage as my rent has to be paid this week! Of course I have my savings, but it's the principal; I've worked the hours and should be paid!

Will need to find out when my normal person is away again so I can make sure I can somehow save the bill money in readiness; not an easy thing to do working 20h a week.

Positive ending:

I've opened up another account as the interest is higher than all my other accounts. Again it's a restricted account so only money in, penalised if I do three withdrawals. Plan is to start pumping a bit of money into that each week. To kick start it off I've moved a bit of money from my lowest interest paying account into it.

Debt balances stand at:

1. £767.96 (CCJ)
    2. £1887.60
    3. £6,819.95

£439.13
    13.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick update.

1. No response from D2 / D3.
    2. No response from L to PPI complaint.
    3. No response from former DMC to complaints. They did call me the other day, didn't leave me a voicemail and haven't bothered responding to my message calling them back.
    4. My timesheet eventually got authorised, so I get paid tomorrow.

5. I have re-done my CV and made it more suitable for a lower role, can't really hide my overall experience and previous career; but that was going to be an impossible task in all honesty.

6. Got rejected for another role with the company.

7. Had a good chat with one of the managers at work this week, she still doesn't know when she can advertise for a staff member but knows I'm very keen on applying for it!

The manager has granted permission for me to do suitable courses for the role :) I've completed, and passed, four of them so far this week! Got access to the courses outside of work so am going to be doing one this weekend.

The courses have helped me focus on what I want to do for my career and my former career has put me in good stead for it :D Been looking at suitable qualifications and courses, but won't do any enrollment until I can secure work in that area; I can't afford to be spending money to qualify into a niche area without a role.

8. Must get the other PPI forms posted off to T, feel so lazy not doing this yet.

9. DPA hasn't gone up much as it's month end and I've had to save wages for bills :D

Positive ending for today, it's a glorious blue sunny sky and I've been working on my tan since I finished work.

Debt balances stand at:

1. £767.96 (CCJ)
    2. £1887.60
    3. £6,819.95

£439.63
    13.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess this is the weekend update!

1. No response from D2. Looks like that ones hanging for a while.

2. No further response from D3. Everything is crossed, and crossed some more, that they can't find or create the necessary paperwork!

3. No response from L to the PPI complaints.

4. Stupid me kept forgetting to get the papers off to T for PPI complaints.

I just got to see who will deal with it out of T or L as L's website says they will, but as T saw I've had financial standing with them I'm targeting both and they can argue between themselves.

5. Haven't finished my FOS and ICO letters yet for the money laundering search done by T as I've had a busy week at work :D

6. Had to take my car to the garage after work yesterday, that's just under £200 for repairs. Whenever anything goes wrong it's straight to the garage to fix it rather than hanging on and hoping it will last a while. Put it on my CC as it won't be due to be paid for another 6 weeks, so I have time to add a bit more to my car fund then move it across to my current account, earning a bit of interest along the way :D

7. Rent is going up later in the year, have to find an extra £20pm for my half. It doesn't sound a lot, but it is when I've not got a full-time wage.

8. It's nearly time for another CCJ instalment. I'm still on schedule for clearing it in August.

Positive ending:

1. I have an interview for a 6 month fixed term (FTC), possibly extendable, role with the organisation I'm temping for! Yaaay, they saw past my former career and obviously think I have potential :)

The hours are less than I'm doing temping but my plan is to do both roles. Temp role in the morning, FTC role in the afternoon. It means the FTC wages can go straight into my debt fund :D

I'm trying not to get my hopes up but you never know.

I will be raising it with one of the managers I work for in the hope that's enough to force the role I'm waiting on to appear ;)

Will let you know later in the month how it goes.

2. I have a potential ad hoc job on the horizon as the person doing that may have landed another job. Won't pay loads but it's enough to see my DPA increase a bit more each month.

Again, I will let you know if it comes off.

3. Discussed my debts with my OH in the week. He is fully aware of all my debts and the CCJ as I didn't think it was fair going into a relationship without him knowing.

I explained what I'm doing with my DPA account and the CCJ plan, explained what I'm doing with the CCA requests etc.

Should have seen his face when he asked how much I had saved towards the debts :) and his response was 'how' :D Yup, not bad considering my income at the moment.

Yes, I know I can clear nearly all my debt now, but I've saved so hard to get this much money together towards my mortgage deposit.

Believe me, if a DMC comes to me with an offer I can't refuse, to clear the debt, I will be taking them up on it and will have to resave the mortgage deposit; I'm not that stupid!

4. Went fruit picking today, too hot to do it, but it was fun. I'm now sat on the sofa, waiting for pain meds to kick in and plotting what to do with all the strawberries (besides smoothies and eating them).

5. Still doing my Nectar and other survey, nearly got enough for another supermarket voucher, got loads of nectar points ready for the Christmas shop.

6. I'm looking into doing a degree! I know, I didn't even do one for my last career and went a vocational route with it. There was something that really got my interest when doing some of these modules at work and I've got the relevant prospectus from OU, I've also had a look at what work offer so I have two potential places to get a degree. It all ties with with the admin role I really want at work.

Have I possibly got anything left to cross?!?

Debt balances stand at:

1. £767.96 (CCJ)
    2. £1887.60
    3. £6,819.95 (currently unenforceable)

£440.87
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides