New Post Advanced Search

LPG Bulk Domestic Rates June2019

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels
Wolfie88Wolfie88 Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels
My current AvantiGas contract expires next month, so I've started checking out the current offers on the market. I had a real hassle with AvantiGas last year, primarily due to them initially trying to breach contract by putting up the rate with no notice once the 1st year fixed rate expired. They referred me to the small illegible clause within their Terms & Conditions in which they state that the cap related to their operational costs only. Fortunately throughout the initial set up documentation I had handwritten what I understood the terms to be i.e. a 3p cap on the overall rate and their failure to rectify my understanding and with an escalation to UtilitiesADR, they backed down. That said they are now offering me 33p per litre fixed for the first year, followed by a year with a 3p per litre cap on their operational costs. So effectively the same terms meaning that if the wholesale price goes up in the second year, they can up the price to whatever they want. Will let you know what other suppliers are going to offer once they've been received.