British Sewing Centre Order Cancellation

Options
Hi
I ordered a new sewing machine on 18/4/19 from British Sewing Centre. When I ordered the machine I was told I would have it after the Easter bank holiday weekend. However, after it didn’t appear and no contact was received from them (it states in their website that you’ll be contacted by the courier 24-48 hours prior to delivery.) I googled to find they’d awful reviews, for things such as slow delivery (4+ weeks and no machine in some cases), poor customer service etc.

I know I should have done my homework and checked them out prior to ordering. I’m kicking myself as I’m normally very careful where I order from and check companies out first.

As I felt I was unlikely to get my machine (and if I did it could be a considerable time period) I emailed British Sewing Centre to cancel my order. Other than one auto response email I have had no contact from the company. I tried calling yesterday but their customer service number wasn’t being answered so it was live chat or email. During the live chat conversation the operative said that they’d look into where my machine was (I don’t want it- so this is a bit pointless!) and when they’d done this they’d be in touch. The chat operator also said he couldn’t confirm when I’d get a refund ‘as it wasn’t his department’ and ‘there was a tracking query infront of my refund’, before closing the chat and not responding any further!

I have paid for my machine via an interest free credit agreement through DivideBuy.

I know legally I have the right to cancel my order but how do I go about getting my cash from a company who have awful customer service and are ignoring my cancellation requests?

Thanks

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did the sewing machine cost more than £100? If so then the credit provider is jointly responsible under S75 of the Consumer Credit Act, so you can get money back from them. Although if you paid with credit it's not clear what cash you are actually asking to have returned to you.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Surely the refund belongs to the credit company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure