Forum Home» Phones & TV» Broadband & Internet Access

Loyal TalkTalk customers' broadband bills hiked by up to £36/yr - how to beat the rise - MSE News

New Post Advanced Search

Loyal TalkTalk customers' broadband bills hiked by up to £36/yr - how to beat the rise - MSE News

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
7 replies 2.1K views
MSE_CallumMSE_Callum Forumite
667 posts
Second Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
TalkTalk is increasing prices for hundreds of thousands of out-of-contract customers from next month - but if you're affected you can switch to a better deal penalty-free...
Read the full story:
'Loyal TalkTalk customers' broadband bills hiked by up to £36/yr - how to beat the rise'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: [email protected]
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail

Replies

  • VT82VT82 Forumite
    1.1K posts
    MSE_Callum wrote: »
    Fixed it for you. Unless you are going to accompany it with a picture of a compo sad face, please stop misusing the word 'loyal'.
  • joe134joe134 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Just renegotiated my package 2months early with TT.
    Changed my Fast BB unlimited and anytime calls which I am /was paying £24.95 pm to unlimited fibre BB and anytime calls for £22.50 pm.
    Been with them years and didn’t fancy changing and losing number.
  • Doc_NDoc_N Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    joe134 wrote: »
    Just renegotiated my package 2months early with TT.
    Changed my Fast BB unlimited and anytime calls which I am /was paying £24.95 pm to unlimited fibre BB and anytime calls for £22.50 pm.
    Been with them years and didn’t fancy changing and losing number.

    Sound like a good deal. Got to negotiate with them pretty soon and it's useful information to have.

    I'm currently paying them £30 for that, with the add-ons such as call forwarding included.
  • joe134joe134 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Sound like a good deal. Got to negotiate with them pretty soon and it's useful information to have.

    I'm currently paying them £30 for that, with the add-ons such as call forwarding included.

    Hi Doc, I think it ‘s a reasonable deal, if only TT would active it !
    They said the a/c would be updated within 24 hrs and new speeds within 48 hours.
    Still on same old contract as yet and 13 mbs
    Tried their chat line but no joy as yet?
    Give them another go today.
    Usually pretty good !
    Hope I am not texting fate:beer:
  • optimist?optimist? Forumite
    7 posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    My mother was convinced by a neighbour to go to talktalk for a phone broadband package despite me telling her not to - she is 92, deaf and has dementia- HE set it up for her anyway. Now I am trying to get them to transfer her to the cheaper deal but they won't accept my instructions as I do not have POA (she is already diagnosed) and I don't know the password, She doesn't know it, Neighbour says he can't remember it, so I am stuck. Apparently any total stranger can set someone else up with a talktalk account but a relative can't get them out of it! Am being stonewalled by moronic talktalk operatives who can't be bothered to 'go off script', any suggestions?
  • Doc_NDoc_N Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    optimist? wrote: »
    My mother was convinced by a neighbour to go to talktalk for a phone broadband package despite me telling her not to - she is 92, deaf and has dementia- HE set it up for her anyway. Now I am trying to get them to transfer her to the cheaper deal but they won't accept my instructions as I do not have POA (she is already diagnosed) and I don't know the password, She doesn't know it, Neighbour says he can't remember it, so I am stuck. Apparently any total stranger can set someone else up with a talktalk account but a relative can't get them out of it! Am being stonewalled by moronic talktalk operatives who can't be bothered to 'go off script', any suggestions?

    Might be worth trying the CEO at [email protected].

    You won't get her personally, but you might get to a team that can handle the situation better than the ones you've already tried. TalkTalk are, unfortunately, awful if you have anything slightly off-piste to deal with.
  • optimist?optimist? Forumite
    7 posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thanks Doc, I have just sent an email there - with small hope that I will get a response that even I could comprehend, let alone my mother. Our total family experience of talktalk is that they are an ongoing disaster area (already been through this virtually identical situation before with my Mother in Law). Once they have got you you can't make them listen or see sense: they begin by doing their damndest to hide any contact phone numbers so you can't 'bother them'! If all else fails I will go to a comparison/Switch site and transfer her over to someone like Plusnet, as she is "currently on our standard out of contract price" (according to her bills) and should not have to pay any penalties.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support