German tracking showing delivered but buyer claims not received

Options
Hiya,

I had a buyer from Germany purchase some items recently. I sent this using RM International Tracked as it was more than £100 in value. Tracking clearly shows delivered, however buyer claims she did not receive it. Several days later another buyer from Germany says she did not receive the item even though it showed as delivered too and both are from Munich.

I told both buyers to contact their local post office about the delivery using the tracking number that I gave them. The first buyer claims that when parcels get sent to Germany, it changes to a German tracking number and she asked me to get it from RM as she couldn’t. Not sure how true that is as I thought tracking numbers didn’t change? The second buyer seems like she didn’t really bother checking around but said she did.

I’m not sure what to do or who to believe. I tried calling RM to do an investigation but each time I call I can never get through to them.

Does anyone have a number I can call where I can get through straightaway or even an email address? I’m not even sure if RM can do an investigation since it would be upto the German postal service right?

Hope someone can help. TIA.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Whenever I have sent using tracked for international I have always used the same tracking number, they have never changed.
  • Princess_x
    Princess_x Posts: 2,456 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MarkN88 wrote: »
    Whenever I have sent using tracked for international I have always used the same tracking number, they have never changed.

Yes hasn’t changed for me either, but the buyer says that the German postal service are asking for the German tracking number in order to investigate and that confuses me. I told her that tracking numbers don’t change and she said that they always do in Germany.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    As long as you have confirmation of delivery though you should be alright.
  • Princess_x
    Options

It’s not about being covered. I just want to know how to get an investigation started quickly just in case the buyer is not lying.

I kept trying the number on the RM website but I’m kept waiting for a very long time.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It will be closed today.

You will need to try tomorrow, but to be honest, the waiting times can be long, ive waited as little as a few minutes to a hour before, you'll need to hang in there if you want someone to speak to you verbally.
  • Princess_x
    Options
    It will be closed today.

You will need to try tomorrow, but to be honest, the waiting times can be long, ive waited as little as a few minutes to a hour before, you'll need to hang in there if you want someone to speak to you verbally.

Yeh I tried on Thursday and Friday. Wanted to try again today but said it closed at 2pm.

Going to try again tomorrow. By any chance is there an email for them? Tried looking on the site but couldn’t find anything.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you tried the numbers in Deutsche Post's site?

https://www.deutschepost.de/sendung/simpleQuery.html?locale=en_GB

Above is the English version of their site, this is the German language equivalent to send to your customers if the tracking works

https://www.deutschepost.de/sendung/simpleQuery.html?locale=en_DE
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

It can. Some items imported to the UK are assigned new tracking numbers
    As said. Try DP site as a first check

Far easier to contact RM via Twitter IME
  • the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    Options

And have uploaded the tracking to the sales record before the ETA.

This is very important as eBay will refund the buyer if the tracking is not there, it must be uploaded, they won't accept it after the event.

OP make sure you upload the tracking to each order now.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    It can. Some items imported to the UK are assigned new tracking numbers
    As said. Try DP site as a first check

Far easier to contact RM via Twitter IME
    Never said it couldnt - I said when I have posted internationally they have never changed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure