PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 27th April 2019

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 27 April 2019 at 6:40AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Saturday 27th April 2019

This is is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one, those who are poorly and those looking after a poorly person x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Cloudy, breezy, dull, dreich start to the day - not raining but looks imminent. Chilly too.

DH and myself are enjoying first cuppas, I'm showered, dressed, and also enjoying my porridge as I'm working this morning. DS1 still in his pit. DS2 settled and ok.

Dinner last night was breaded chicken portions, chips/jacket potato, beans for the menfolk, I had mushroom omelette and salad, ice cream for dessert. Tonight will be pork pie, scotch eggs, hot pizza, chips and side salad.

Yesterday I was more productive. My get up a go seemed to have got up and gone. But I pulled myself round and decided I needed to get some cleaning done, so although not a deep clean the house did get a clean and a hoover. Did some ironing and sorted some clothes ready to get packed for going away. So in the end not a too bad day.

We'll be visiting the outlaws after lunch today and my parents in the morning as they are going out this afternoon.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks for starting NMLC.

A bit of a flying visit from me as me and my buddies are bus tripping. We are going a bit further afield today as the bus pass allows early travel on a Saturday. We are away to Harrogate - it's 3 buses but not long to wait between each one. We used to go from the caravan regularly but it must be nearly 2 years since I was there.

The weather is doing nothing at the moment. Evidence of rain overnight but fine at the moment and the promised wind hasn't got to us yet.

Have a good day folks if you can and, as always, thoughts are with the poorlies, sad, worried or lonely. And of course the carers and MIA. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Yesterday was a frenetic Friday. I encountered so many people who choose to be nasty and rude instead of kind and helpful - it's really demoralising.

I turned up at the new hospital to visit DM to be told I couldn't go in as it was lunch time and I'd have to wait until 1pm. As the hospital webpage said visiting was 11am - 8pm I was surprised. The response to me querying this was 'well, there's signs on the door to the ward' not told to me in a nice way at all.

Then I queried why DM was wearing a hospital gown as I knew she had five nightdresses with her. The nasty way I was told that they had been taken away for labelling was just astounding! The encounter didn't go well and I asked to speak to the Sister. She was lovely and soothed and apologised. DM didn't know what happened to her clothes even.

The other episode which riled me was a phone call at 8.45pm when I answered a woman said (very brusquely) 'tell me who I'm talking to'. :mad: When I said 'the person whose number you dialled' the conversation went downhill. Turned out to be a manager of the care service checking on something. Such a sense of self importance is amazing.

Mind you, I had three conversations with a very polite and patient guy from DWP checking on some details to start my state pension. First time I couldn't speak, second I was driving and gave him wrong information so he rang a third time. :(

The physio told me, gently, that my right hip is arthritic and gave me exercises to strengthen the joint.

My new chair arrived on time so I was very happy sitting in it chewing over nasty people. Sheesh kebab!

Anyway, I hope that everyone has a great day whether it's peaceful or hectic. Thoughts are with thieves struggling.

Happy Saturday to all.
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    edited 27 April 2019 at 7:42AM
    Options
    Good morning and thanks NMLC, hope you enjoy your holiday.

It's not raining at the moment but showers are forecast, chilly as well.

Yesterday I did a bit of shopping, went to Sain*ury's for a change. Not much else happened, 2 friends came round last night, they went home early, pleading tiredness.

Today, I don't know what excitement awaits - will I whisked off to somewhere warm, with a whole new wardrobe of clothes, having magically lost 10lbs overnight? probably not. The only 10 I will lose will be out of my purse!!

Hope you enjoy Harrogate TA, it's lovely there isn't it.

Gers, I'm guessing that the hospital has "protected mealtimes", most do these days I think
    Take care folks, hope everyone has as good a day as they can xx
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread nmlc and hugs to all those in need.

One of my DD's locked herself out last night so as I have her spare it meant a gallop along the dark and muddy towpath.

Have a good day everyone
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Shame on the rude people Gers, quite unusual in Glasgow and totally unnecessary.
    Have a good holiday nmlc.

I think my laptop is on its way out, so slow to do anything and is having connection issues, I think it may have been dropped once too often! I'm using the phone but may have to dig out the tablet which I find to be the most frustrating piece of technology ever!

Off to yoga today then will call at the allotment. If the rain holds off I'll plant the sweet peas here, they are rapidly outgrowing their little trays.

Have a good weekend, take care. Xx
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning! Early get up for early pick up...Yes, I know to some people early is 5am, but trust me, 7.15 is like that to me, god knows how I'm going to be when I have to go back to work.
    Blowing a hoolie as you say in some parts, and pretty cold, the heating is on.
    Have nothing beyond the noral planned today, radio then sleep. WOuld like to do some gardening, but I sowed some seeds in the front garden yesterday which were nicely watered by the rain. I also had a poppy seed head in a bunch of flowers [ sprayed gold..?] so I scattered those all over the garden too to see what comes up.
    I feel a lasagne from the freezer coming on after so I'll take one out now, saves cooking too much in the oven, it can just be warmed in there. Bit of salad, bit of garlic bread, bob's your auntie...
    One of the drivers that took me to the hospital's sone is getting married today. I fear they may have overestimated how nice April weather can be, let's hope it calms down so at least they can have some photos in the gardens..

Gers, what a pain, at least some of the rubbish was offset by lovely people..Not great news about your hip either, commiserations..TA, enjoy the bus trip! SR, I laughed...same here...Hester, sounds like fun, not! camelot, now that DOES sound like fun [the allotment part]. I fear my downward dog would just embarass everyone..

Hope everyone wraps up warm today..Wotcha MIA's.
    Seesaw [weather] Saturday
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

Gers, I'm guessing that the hospital has "protected mealtimes", most do these days I think

xx

Yes, that's it. It's the manner in which I was told which was the problem. I had checked their webpages as other hospitals in the trust do specify protected mealtimes and nothing was mentioned about them. Having a notice on the ward door is useless.

Anyway, now I know.

I may have to start my day now. :j
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :)

Wind is starting to whip up here travel chaos predicted on local weather....probably means it will be spitting later :cool:

Well as predicted I have weekend work to do so the weather can do its worse. Target is just one module today as 2 yesterday involved no breaks and a thumping head. Went straight into my Friday night work too so fell into bed exhausted. Very odd dreams though featuring crocodiles, white vinegar and a charity shop :eek: Goodness knows whats going on in my head.

Food last night was a cobbled together and overcooked ham and cheese omelette seems I have lost my basic cooking skills too. Have grabbed out some lamb kofta for tonight will have with pittas salad and chilli sauce

On a positive all 4 of the chilli seeds I planted in a pot on the window sill have popped their little heads out overnight :T really made me smile I can see why people rave about garden success sometimes. With the plug plants i bought too I am on for a chilli
    glut with any luck

Hope SO is OK
    taff sounds like you dont have time to go back to work! Hope todays radio goes OK cant be that much longer now I guess
    TA Have fun in Harrogate...is it Bettys for lunch? Hope hurricane Hannah misses Yorkshire

Have a great day all if you can
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    It's wet and windy here, but strangely the sun is out too :cool:.
    I have stripped the bed and put a load in the WM. No chance of hanging it out as I'll probably be collecting it off the Seven Bridge :rotfl:
    I am cleaning the bedroom and the upstairs today and helping Mr Fix It bring the sewing table ( the bottom half ) down from the shed and replacing it with the top, which he has decided to sand and varnish too.
    This afternoon when my chores are done, I want to carry on with my book about the life of a junior doctor.
    Tea tonight...... haven't decided yet, maybe curry and rice from the freezer, which is bursting at the seams again :eek:. Although as usual I have forgotten what's lurking in there, so perhaps a freezer tidy is in order too for today.
    Hope everyone has a good Saturday, whatever you have planned.
    Take care and hugs to all
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Been reading each evening but no time for posting. I have had an awful cold this week and should have stayed off work on Thursday, but my boss is off sick so I had to go in....I just tried to keep out the way as much as possible. I've hoovered downstairs and cleaned the bathroom and ironed my work clothes. I have work to do ready for Monday then the day is mine. Hopefully will see little grand daughter at some point....I haven't had cuddles this week as my cold was so bad. She was coughing yesterday, so DD took her to the hospital to be checked this morning and she is fine. Oh, and she was weighed on Wednesday and is now 8lb 5oz!
    Hope everyone has a good day x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport