Is sofology really that bad???

Options
1235»

Comments

• tkhans
    Options
    Just wondering apart from dfs, sofology, furniture village, etc, which other sofa manufacturers are good?
    Ercol, Natuzi any good? Any other outlets near Berkshire or online?

We were thinking of buying the Supreme Sofa from DFS, reading all the comments, we thinking twice now 🤔. 

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,234 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    is there not a local independent furniture shop?  We bought a Natuzi suite from a local independent.
  • Cruixer
    Cruixer Posts: 81 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I realise this is an older thread, but having read through it and all the negative comments about sofology and DFS, then who are the "good' sofa shops/manufacturers?

• Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,039 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We bought our Natuzi leather suite from a local family owned department store over 10 years ago.

Still looks good.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,234 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Local ,independent furniture shop.
  • Ergates
    Ergates Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Cruixer said:
    I realise this is an older thread, but having read through it and all the negative comments about sofology and DFS, then who are the "good' sofa shops/manufacturers?

Small, independant shops.  They might not have the same range as the big chain stores, but most of the time you'll get both a better product and better service.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,250 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We bought our Parker Knoll last year from a local independent department store, having had issues with previous shops . One of our cushions has never felt right on it, we reported it to shop, they sent an independent assessor from Parker Knoll who agreed and the inner part of the cushion is being replaced, no fuss no hassle. 

Our previous sofa, from DFS had damage to one arm, it took months and months for the shop to bother doing anything and when they did they just sort of pushed it back together, blamed it on us for sitting on it wrongly and refused to do anything else. Whenever we complained again they just told us how to sit on a sofa properly, ie make sure all your weight hits the sofa at the same time, don’t lean to one side, don’t put anything else on the sofa, like a book as that would be considered consumer damage. We vowed never to use one of the chains again.  
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback