Forum Home» Disability Money Matters

Strange questions during their interview pip? - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Strange questions during their interview pip?

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Disability Money Matters
22 replies 6.2K views
13»

Replies

• Mrs_RyanMrs_Ryan Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was asked about Facebook but I do have speech enabled text on my phone which reads things to me, and I also have speech to text software which allows me to dictate rather than type when my fatigue is bad or the pain in my hands is bad. She was so fascinated about how my software works she didn’t much ask me about what I actually do on Facebook!
    Open University 2:1 Graduate 2017; MA graduate DMU 2019- MERIT!! Round 2 OU 2018- BSc Combined STEM (Sports Psychology) Year 1 PASS! E117 &DE100. Year 2- E235 and U214 .
    Civil Partnered 15/02/20
    #TheEllisGengeFanClub
    o:)Elle 20/02/2014 Dad 20/02/2020 Broken-hearted
  • PrinzessileinPrinzessilein Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have my PiP assessments at home.

I have been asked about my use of the laptop...including social media…,part of my claim is related to my Autism, so I would expect the assessor to look into my social interaction.

There were also some very unsubtle questions...'oh what a pretty crochet table cloth...did you make that yourself?'...to which Mum - always with me at assessments - pointed out that as my forms show, I have very poor fine motor skills and would NEVER manage such delicate work, Mum had made the cloth for me.