🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Hideout

Options

Comments

• purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Withdrew my points and got a popup that my points will be credited within 24 hours. Never had that before and was usually able to withdraw and got points credited to lootup.me instantly and could withdraw to Paypal. 

Yesterday it was instant, today it isn't.

Almost seems like they introduced that to prevent fraud or perhaps because it's the weekend? Anyone else experienced the same?
    How many points did you have?  I've just withdrawn some but it was only enough for 1 SB and that credited instantly in Swagbucks.
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039 Now: £91,241.78 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £200 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £104.38 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • pecunianonolet
    pecunianonolet Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Withdrew my points and got a popup that my points will be credited within 24 hours. Never had that before and was usually able to withdraw and got points credited to lootup.me instantly and could withdraw to Paypal. 

Almost seems like they introduced that to prevent fraud or perhaps because it's the weekend? Anyone else experienced the same?
    How many points did you have?  I've just withdrawn some but it was only enough for 1 SB and that credited instantly in Swagbucks.
    Almost 1600, I added a screenshot in my earlier post. I withdraw Hideout (jetsetlive, cosycraft, etc) points to lootup.me and loot.tv to Swagbucks. The latter is not profitable at all but the former very much is.
  • purplevamp
    Options

Almost 1600, I added a screenshot in my earlier post. I withdraw Hideout (jetsetlive, cosycraft, etc) points to lootup.me and loot.tv to Swagbucks. The latter is not profitable at all but the former very much is.
    That's a lot.  Sorry, I didn't see the screenshot when I posted my comment. 
  • pebblebeach8
    pebblebeach8 Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options

I redeemed points for an amazon voucher using LootUpMe earlier in the week, late afternoon UK time and it was instant.  Think I have had to wait if redeemed late Friday and maybe weekend but can't remember for sure.  I have noticed that the last 3 withdrawals I have made I have had to take a selfie before I could redeem for a voucher.
    Thanks to all those that post.   
  • pecunianonolet
    Options
    Yeah, the selfie bit was introduced a while ago sometime earlier in the week. The thing is that so far I hit "Redeem" on Jetsetlive.tv or any of the other video platforms and the points were added instanly to lootup.me and I could withdraw to Paypal straight away. Now the points show as pending on the video platform and nothing in lootup.me

• pebblebeach8
    pebblebeach8 Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah, the selfie bit was introduced a while ago sometime earlier in the week. The thing is that so far I hit "Redeem" on Jetsetlive.tv or any of the other video platforms and the points were added instanly to lootup.me and I could withdraw to Paypal straight away. Now the points show as pending on the video platform and nothing in lootup.me

Sorry misread your earlier post, didn't realise the delay was from Hideout tv. 
    Thanks to all those that post.   
  • dave2319
    dave2319 Posts: 548 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've just withdrawn some but it was only enough for 1 SB and that credited instantly in Swagbucks.
    I wouldn't recommend redeeming Hideout points to Swagbucks unless it helps you to pick up a considerable amount in bonuses. Their rate's a measly 44.4 cents per thousand points but I redeem mine to Keep Rewarding for exactly double that, and there are bonuses there as well.
    As Pecunia mentioned, the rate's even higher at LootUp because it's one of Hideout's own sites, but I like to support partner sites that offer the best rates, and if LootUp now requires a selfie that's a definite no-no for me.
  • pecunianonolet
    Options
    dave2319 said:
    I've just withdrawn some but it was only enough for 1 SB and that credited instantly in Swagbucks.
    I wouldn't recommend redeeming Hideout points to Swagbucks unless it helps you to pick up a considerable amount in bonuses. Their rate's a measly 44.4 cents per thousand points but I redeem mine to Keep Rewarding for exactly double that, and there are bonuses there as well.
    As Pecunia mentioned, the rate's even higher at LootUp because it's one of Hideout's own sites, but I like to support partner sites that offer the best rates, and if LootUp now requires a selfie that's a definite no-no for me.
    1000 Hideout points are 1.11 USD with lootup me. I usually wait until I have at least a 20% boost but usually wait for a 30% or even 35% boost. Higher boosts with a higher level at lootup.me. So 1000 points with a 35% boost turn into 1.5 USD
  • purplevamp
    edited 25 March at 6:53PM
    Options
    dave2319 said:
    I wouldn't recommend redeeming Hideout points to Swagbucks unless it helps you to pick up a considerable amount in bonuses.
    I normally only use it to tick off the Daily Discover on the to-do list. I can't find LootUp on Hideout, only Lootably.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure