Paypal fiasco.

Options
13»

Comments

• johnbhoy10
    johnbhoy10 Posts: 452 Forumite
    Options
    LadyDee wrote: »
    I would concentrate on getting all three bodies involved to co-operate, rather than allocating blame. You'll get this mess cleared up more easily by staying on the right side of them. Have a rant and a row after you've sorted it out!

That's exactly what i'm doing!! They'll be getting a firm but polite email with all parties copied in asking what happened here!!

As for sorting out...i'm afraid the damage is already done. It's really just as well we ordered the 2nd phone as that's paid for.

Now, if this had been a phone for me or my wife i really couldn't have cared less and would have let it sort itself. Now i've kept emotion out of this but i ask anyone how would they feel if they'd ordered a phone for their kids birthday, only to turn round the next day i'm sorry love tht needs to go back.

Plus there's also the issue of non-payment.....i've already had the theft police on here with an accusatory tone!!!
  • chancesare_2
    chancesare_2 Posts: 1,788 Forumite
    Options
    johnbhoy10 wrote: »

These people nearly ruined my daughters birthday .....

No they didn't. You cancelled the first payment remember.
    Now i've kept emotion out of this...

Apart from saying it almost ruined her birthday ;)

but i ask anyone how would they feel if they'd ordered a phone for their kids birthday, only to turn round the next day i'm sorry love tht needs to go back.

If you revoke payment, then it's only fair they have the original item back. Not rocket science.

Ultimately, the issue was started with you. Had you left the payment, it would either have gone through at the correct amount (despite what the pre-advice says) or as a full payment. A simple refund if the latter was the case, would have been in order.

Instead, you revoke the payment and buy again but want to return the first purchase.
  • johnbhoy10
    Options
    chancesare wrote: »
    No they didn't. You cancelled the first payment remember.

Apart from saying it almost ruined her birthday ;)

If you revoke payment, then it's only fair they have the original item back. Not rocket science.

Ultimately, the issue was started with you. Had you left the payment, it would either have gone through at the correct amount (despite what the pre-advice says) or as a full payment. A simple refund if the latter was the case, would have been in order.

Instead, you revoke the payment and buy again but want to return the first purchase.

Aye, right ok!!

We dispute a payment for £679.99 expecting it to say £314.99. Imagine doing that.We then are told we will NOT receive item. Item arrives. We then tell them we are willing to pay full price for item but they refuse.

That version cuts out all the conflicting advice we received from Ebay and Paypal over the period. Keep the phone, return the phone, you will get vouchers back, you may not get them back, etc.

You must be a lot cleverer than i because i do see a problem here but oh no you question us for querying a difference of nearly £365.

:rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have any of them actually sorted it yet?
  • johnbhoy10
    Options
    MarkN88 wrote: »
    Have any of them actually sorted it yet?

Day off so on it now mate. Just spoken to some PA from Ebay who have given us £50 credit. Other than bad advice from offshore call centre i don't think Ebay have done anything wrong here.

Gonna contact the other 2 and await their response. Cheers.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sometimes when it comes to eBay its the luck of the draw where you get put through to, but you normally get things sorted if you manage to get through to Dublin.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure