IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Car parking fine - RK out of country

Options

Comments

• alfielover1
    Options
    Please can I have some help. I have emailed the MSE asking for my other thread to be closed.

I have submitted a dispute using the template in NEWBIES to to Euro Car Parks but I gather this will most likely be declined. - Thank you fruitcake for your advice on this issue.

I have also emailed my MP who is kindly liaising with Euro Car Parks, however, in his most recent email he has said he has 'written to euro car parks and request they hold off on bailiff action and allow me to pay the original amount of the fine.' Obviously this is much better than the £160 the debt recovery asked for, however, I still think £100 is alot of money I think this falls into the higher tier band for fines?

Do I have a leg to stand on or should I pay the £100? This car park wasn't attached to a shopping centre etc. So I cant contact any of them for support.

If I do go down the popla route what grounds would I argue? Could I argue that I am being charged too much or that they haven't lost any money from my issue?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Post 3 in the Newbies thread goes into great detail about how to win at POPLA. Study it carefully. You have plenty of time to understand the usual POPLA arguments.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    it wont be lowered, you can be sure of that , plus it isnt a "fine" , its an invoice

its either pay up in full, or fight , your choice

the excuses you made wont wash either , if you are to win , its on a legal technicality only, which are the usual POPLA appeal points seen in loads of other POPLA appeals on here
  • alfielover1
    Options
    Thank you for your responses. How long after I write a POPLA appeal will I get a response? I am worried that it will just get to the debt recovery stage again if I dont do this in time.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,042 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I have also emailed my MP who is kindly liaising with Euro Car Parks, however, in his most recent email he has said he has 'written to euro car parks and request they hold off on bailiff action and allow me to pay the original amount of the fine.' Obviously this is much better than the £160 the debt recovery asked for, however, I still think £100 is alot of money I think this falls into the higher tier band for fines?

:wall::wall:

Your MP hasn't got a clue you won't get bailiff action this will just spur the Muppet PPC on thinking they have the two of you hooked.

It's not a fine!

They wont let you pay the original invoice, they have a no win no fee contract with their stupid debt threat liars!

Yes it is higher than a council fine, but then again it's not a fine is it it's an extortionate charge by profiteering scumbags.

If you ignore the debt collectors they will eventually throw in the towel and hand it back.

Please in future stop the driver taking liberties on private property though it's very presumptuous to think they can park where they like and parking IS parking even when your engine is running and you haven't got out.

In this greed ridden world you need your wits about you, I would fight on with help from here but every one is different.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,368 Forumite
    edited 17 April 2019 at 8:55PM
    Options
    You’re beyond any appeal stage (parking event 03/02/19), so POPLA won’t apply. There is nothing you can do to get this charge cancelled (other than perhaps a landowner cancellation, research who the landowner is).

Other than that, you are in ignore mode so continue ignoring everything unless you get a Letter of Claim from a solicitor, or real court papers from the Northampton CCBC.

As I write, ECP are not in any way litigious, so at the moment there is no advantage in paying them anything. They do have 6 years to raise a court claim, and while we can’t give guarantees, they’ve shown no inclination to do so to date.

Come back on this thread if you receive a LoC or court papers.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • alfielover1
    Options
    fisherjim wrote: »
    :wall::wall:

Please in future stop the driver taking liberties on private property though it's very presumptuous to think they can park where they like and parking IS parking even when your engine is running and you haven't got out.

In this greed ridden world you need your wits about you, I would fight on with help from here but every one is different.

The driver fully understands the mistake made and it most definitely wont happen again!!

Umkomaas wrote: »
    You’re beyond any appeal stage (parking event 03/02/19), so POPLA won’t apply. There is nothing you can do to get this charge cancelled (other than perhaps a landowner cancellation, research who the landowner is).

Other than that, you are in ignore mode so continue ignoring everything unless you get a Letter of Claim from a solicitor, or real court papers from the Northampton CCBC.

As I write, ECP are not in any way litigious, so at the moment there is no advantage in paying them anything. They do have 6 years to raise a court claim, and while we can’t give guarantees, they’ve shown no inclusion nation to do so to date.

Come back on this thread if you receive a LoC or court papers.

Thanks for the advice I will ignore for now.
  • alfielover1
    Options
    Im a bit worried now.. how likely is it that I will have to stand up in court?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Im a bit worried now.. how likely is it that I will have to stand up in court?

Most unlikely.

Have a look at this video:
    Notice that everyone remains seated - most of the time. :D
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    depends if they pay the MCOL filing fee plus the court fee for your local court , plus if they go all the way to the hearing

what are you worried about ? they wont hang you or put your pets to sleep

at most you would owe say £200 if the judge finds against you

if you havent got a POPLA code then you cannot go to POPLA

so what are you worried about ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business