Advice on new combi boiler

Options
12346»

Comments

• jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Just to update this again having now had two winters with the boiler.

Everything has worked as I would have hoped for and gas consumption has been lower than before. The weather compensation does what it's meant to so no complaints there. Perhaps it would do even better if the radiators were fully balanced but I'm happy with it.

I had a strange problem with an error that kept showing up at various times over my first year which seemed to stump quite a few both at Atag and the company they organised to look at it. I'm trying to remember what it was called but it was something to do with the automatic pressure check. An error would show up and resolve itself within 30 seconds. Atag thought it was the pump speed and dialled in to change that. In the end they replaced the pump, the wiring and the PCB itself and fingers crossed it hasn't appeared again. Can't fault Atag customer service and I was on first name terms with David there. All was organised efficiently but we really don't know why it happened.

Last winter was a real test for it as temperatures were quite low at times and I wondered if the condensing pipe would freeze as it's in the garage but all was well.

I'd certainly recommend Atag.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure