The Last Furlong

Options

Comments

• Willowtree222
    Options
    Glad all ok. Have you now got snow? It's gone from all day rain to complete snow now x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Options
    Nicnak said:
    Glad all ok. Have you now got snow? It's gone from all day rain to complete snow now x
    Oh gosh just looked outside yes full of snow now . 
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• Willowtree222
    Options
    I know. So surreal. X
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Options
    Still no baby , he/she is obviously waiting for a grand entrance . 
    The past two weeks I have been very anxious about everything, I haven't slept well thinking about having to rush out in the night to get to DDs house and it snowing etc. Then my work colleague has had one of her stress weeks , which trying to home school one child is difficult but she doesn't help herself. I have been very nice with her but advised her to seek help from managers as she keeps emailing me saying she can't cope and then that starts stressing me out . Maybe I should have more sympathy but I have tried to be supportive. 
    My job role is coming up for review again and my colleague has been told that they aren't looking to extend her contract , how that leaves me I have no idea , but I will still have a job but may go back down a grade 😩. Anyway it's up at the end of March I am sure I will find out. 
    In the next week or so I am getting a new laptop and smart phone from work as part of the plan for us to work remotely on a more permanent basis even after Covid has hopefully made work less restrictive, we will see. 
    Should have been in Benidorm this week with parents , how life can change . 
    Going to do another post now about financial targets . 

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,297 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That baby is nice and cosy where he or she is, no rush to emerge 😆 Fingers crossed for you keeping your grade, I hate uncertainty.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Options
    It is 4 yrs ago today since I started a diary on MSE and during this time I could have paid my debt of faster but I did add to it , a house move a holiday in Australia, helping out a relative all added to the amount. However I am now £1200 off being debt free , the urge for me to pay it off out of savings is enormous but I want to let the loan run until at least I know which salary I will be on in April. 
    Savings to date 
    PB £3000 EF in here and long term EF £2000
    Holiday £150 all paid for this year barring a craft break so this money is for that. 
    Christmas/Birthdays £75 save this every month until October .
    insurance fund £371 due in August save £50 monthly 
    Sofa £300 due for delivery March so paid for with this money 
    Car maintenance and tax £160 nothing due until August save £40 monthly 
    Days out with GKs £75 save £15 monthly for this 
    Anything else savings £200 clothes mainly . 
    So in savings at the moment £4331 . 

• Sunshine_girl2
    Options

Life after being debt free .
    Staying on this salary monthly outgoings £1100 this is everything including all the savings pots so I would have about £500 extra 
    On the lower salary I would have about £320 extra. 
    As I have said previously I will be putting away money for a car and retirement fund . 
    I hope these figures are about right . 

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The the figures are looking good 👍
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,306 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Your figures are looking awesome   :smiley:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback