Giving up/ Cutting Down Alcohol Thread Part 16

Comments

• Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    4/24 AFDs today
  • Sorry you’re feeling rough Arkers.

3catssooz I feel your pain. Is there a certain time of day you need to get through when ‘the bells are ringing?’. I find late afternoon I will start to look forward to a drink while getting the dinner ready. Have overcome this a bit some days by preparing most of it in the mornings. I agree baby steps and taking it minute by minute to start with. Good luck and keep posting.
    Total weight lost 6.5/73lbs starting yet again. Afds August 10/15. /8 Sept.
  • rosy10
    rosy10 Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Post
    welcome back 3catssooz! Keep posting away - I find that the thread keeps the AF-ness at the forefront of my thoughts if I post regularly. You will find what works for you.

Wishing that you are soon on the mend, Arkers. It's no fun at all trying to adjust to medication - I hope you are resting as much as you can.

Maman, did I read correctly that it was your wedding anniversary today? Many congratulations!!!

11/TF, please Shaggy.
  • AnnieG
    AnnieG Posts: 877 Forumite
    Hello
    I'm smashing August, already on 10/18 :)
    I'm starting to see results from my fitness program, my face is much thinner, which is a great incentive to keep going.
    Arkers I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with the drugs, sending my best wishes
    Say what you mean.. mean what you say... without being mean.
  • 4/16 for me last night please Shaggy. I'm planning to be AF tonight too.

It wasn't tricky last night although I noticed both myself and OH very tired and going to bed much earlier.
  • marahouti
    marahouti Posts: 1,580 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    13/22 please Shaggy. X
    Arkers I am sorry that you are not feeling well, hope you feel better soon and the meds do what they're supposed to. X
    Maman happy anniversary for yesterday, hope you both had a super day. X
  • Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 August 2019 at 1:51PM
    Good morning everyone,
    Thanks so much for all your good wishes I feel slightly embarrassed that I had a bit of a self-pity wallow. It's noting more than 1000's of women go through on a daily basis mine has just been chemically induced and there is little I can do about it. However I felt the love from you guys yesterday, and for that I feel better.

Maman happy anniversary, I hope you had a lovely day.
    11 please Shaggy x
    It looks like my targets are quite good so far this month, but when I do drink I feel I am drinking way too much, almost as if I give myself permission to go for it as I've not had a drink over the week. I must give some thought to this area, as binge drinking is not a good thing.

Have a good day everyone despite the weather.
    Arkers x
  • Hope whatever you’re having to take you will gradually tolerate Arkers.

7/16 for yesterday please Shaggy.
    Total weight lost 6.5/73lbs starting yet again. Afds August 10/15. /8 Sept.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Well done on the fitness programme annie:T. Being AF definitely helps and I think it's good to have an activity that doesn't involve drinking.:)

Thanks for all your good wishes. DH and I had a lovely day. Feeling a bit meh this morning. I'm not hungover exactly just perhaps too much rich food on top of weeknight booze.

Back on the wagon today.

9/10 AFDs please Shaggy

(Sorry but can't get colour to work:()
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,279 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning all, 13/21 for me today please. :)

Well done Annie on the fitness :)

Arkers, sometimes we all need a wallow, I wouldn't beat yourself up about that, it's understandable xx
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport