Giving up/ Cutting Down Alcohol Thread Part 16

Options

Comments

• marahouti
    marahouti Posts: 1,580 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    2/10 monthly challenge and 2/4 snc please.
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,331 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, 15/21 for me today please. :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • loveasale
    loveasale Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all !
    I am going to have nice rental house,,, a lot of money , but I have no choice but to rent at the moment , I need somewhere I can’t take my furry friend , and they will allow that, it’s local , and the only place I see us living in that I’ve seen ,,,, so for once I’m not going to be my very usual MSE and go for it !!!
    Already making the decision I have a weight lifted,,,,,,,,!
    10/18
    :money: I will never be rich but I'm happy :rotfl:
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Congratulations on the decision that you deserve to live in a nice house, Love a Sale. I'm not for a moment that anyone should live beyond their means, but if you can cut back in other spendy areas you might find that overall it marks a helpful change of direction for your life; a turning point.

As to the weekend drinking - every single glass (or bottle - wow, really well done!) you don't drink is a major victory, it really is. Drinking is such a difficult habit to break and each success should be celebrated. We have a tendency to see what we did drink as a failure, but if you've been battling this demon for as long as the rest of us, you can pat yourself on the back for not over-indulging. We're far too hard on ourselves, and we forget to mark the small victories.

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. We decided to keep the focus on the dog and keep the day very low key, although I've now planned a local treat that I'm really looking forward to, plus a bit of a thing with friends that will have to be managed, stage by stage, like the Appollo landings, to be a real success and even then it might not work. Still, it's got a better chance than just hoping. And I've got a brand new tablet to play with, my first, so that'll be 'A Thing' for a few days.

16/30 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • arsenalbarnie
    Options
    Happy Birthday Honey bear x.

1 snc/7/16 please Shaggy.
    Total weight lost 6.5/73lbs starting yet again. Afds August 10/15. /8 Sept.
  • Green_Karen
    Green_Karen Posts: 367 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you have a great birthday HB, hope all the plans work out, best to wing it a bit sometimes!

15/28 April
    2/5 WDC

28/30 on the 30 day challenge
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday Honey Bear :bdaycake:

Congratulations on your decision on the house rental loveasale - hope you will be very happy there :j
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 April 2019 at 3:57PM
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't been around so much - mad busy here as we move into Easter.....I definitely won't be around tomorrow as we're going to a funeral (the Dad of DH's childhood friend. I only met him a few times.)

....14 in a row :D

KEEP POSTING THOSE AFDS. I'll be back...

Shaggyx
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    honey_bear_happy_birthday_army_soldier_husband_card-r2bd4dfcf9be041f6876f802efaa4c5ca_em0c8_307.jpg?rvtype=content

Hope you had a lovely day! :T
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    Glad you've found a new home LoveASale :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure