🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Daily Chat thread Friday (woo!) 16th Nov

Options

Comments

• mrsspendalot
    Options
    Well I had to laugh at my post today ....

I got a letter from Provident offering some help to get me through Christmas. I could borrow between £50 and £500 today just by calling their number ....

.... The APR? Wait for it ......
    :eek: 183.2% typical APR :eek:
    Needless to say it went straight into the recycling bin!!!!!

Oh and they now do their loans in credit card format at the same APR - and we thought Vanquis were bad!!!
    Olympic Countdown Challenge #145 ~ DFW Nerd #389 ~ Debt Free Date: [STRIKE]December 2015[/STRIKE] September 2015

:j BabySpendalot arrived 26/6/11 :j
  • Burlesque_Babe
    Options
    I've just seen I'll be paid £156 by Quidco today........fandabbydozee!!!! I've also got the £50 from topcashback already in my Paypal account.

£206 for doing not very much........cool.......

I've still got £141 tracked so hopefully I'll get that at the end of December

I guess I should be good and put the money towards the £682 tax bill I need to pay by the end of January......
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • mrsspendalot
    Options
    Yay! Just checked quidco again and my outstanding enquiry for lovefilm not tracking has just been added :)
    Olympic Countdown Challenge #145 ~ DFW Nerd #389 ~ Debt Free Date: [STRIKE]December 2015[/STRIKE] September 2015

• Ellidee
    Ellidee Posts: 6,216 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    :silenced: OK I get the message it's back to lurking for me.
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. William James
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    Just join in Elli.. :D
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi guys!! I am working tomorrow - clients in the morning, bar in the afternoon/evening.

Then in between I must get some other work done - have looooooaaaads of it! Also need to finish an assignment for college by Tuesday.

Hmm.....must keep away from MSE!! (maybe :o )
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Burlesque_Babe
    Options
    phew, just had a mammoth session on Quidco......of course I want to be contacted by Hillarys blinds for an appointment for new conservatory blinds!!!

(the fact that requesting an appointment gets a £20 quidco payment has nothing to do with it ;) ........and as I don't have a conservatory.........:whistle: )
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • anneneal1
    Options
    I've received 13 payments today- totalling about £136! Just when I needed it too- lots of Christmas shopping to do. Never thought I'd get anything back from Kelkoo, I've been waiting months, but all my searches over the months at 10p a go have paid off!!!
    :j :j :j :j :j :j
  • mrsspendalot
    Options
    Keren, we did that with Hillarys and they never even contacted us - paid out too, lol

• immoral_angeluk
    Options
    same with us keren.. they called and arranged an appointment but never showed up!
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills