edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
597 replies 42.3K views

Replies

• candygirlcandygirl Forumite
    29.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got some Salter digital ones hun, only £13 from Argos :beer:
    Have you looked at the connect section , on the WW app?The people there are so thinspirational;):D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • lessonlearnedlessonlearned Forumite
    13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been getting to grips with the WW app. I love looking at the photos. They really spur you in dont they.
    29.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been getting to grips with the WW app. I love looking at the photos. They really spur you in dont they.

Yea!There's a woman that's lost 18st!! Absolutely amazing :eek:
    Love this new Freestyle programme, it's so flexible, unlike the old style WW, which I hated :rotfl:

13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    candygirl wrote: »
    Yea!There's a woman that's lost 18st!! Absolutely amazing :eek:
    Love this new Freestyle programme, it's so flexible, unlike the old style WW, which I hated :rotfl:

And you can eat so much......:rotfl: what's not to like.

And.....my blood sugar levels are coming down, thats got to be good.

Sometimes if I eat too many starchy/sugar carbs I wake up in the middle of the night feeling ravenous. Last night I slept a full 8 hours.

I think I must just react badly to carbs, they just spike an insulin surge and then leave me feeling hungry again within a couple of hours.

My new plant and protein way of eating fills me up nicely and seems to be more beneficial at controlling my diabetes. It's not as easy as grabbing a sandwich and it does take a bit of planning ahead but it's definitely worth the effort.

And oh the joy of fitting into my nice clothes again. :D.

Just need to get a grip with a few aches and pains although I have noticed my knees aren't quite as bad now.

Definitely heading in the right direction.

Have a great day. The sun is shining but a tad cold yet. If it warms up I'll do a bit of gardening later.
  • Wednesday2000Wednesday2000 Forumite
    4.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having crumpets with jam for breakfast and then making a batch lot of chickpea curry when I get in.

Chickpeas, mixed peppers, carrots, onions, tomatoes, passata, curry powder, garam masala and then maybe a little rice as well.;) I'm going to buy some mango chutney at the shop.

I am about to go for a walk and realised it has started raining. Gives me a good excuse to parade my new animal print umbrella.:rotfl:
    29.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That curry sounds like the one I make.In fact, I've got one in the freezer, I can have tonight :)
    Going to Mum's later, n She might be joining WW too.Back in the day She lost over 5st, n became a good member, n a leader. She can't get her head around the fact that eggs n pulses, are now free foods:rotfl:
    I'm going to try n make stuffed mushrooms, in the air fryer later.Will report back with the results :D

13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice curry recipe....

Well I went dead posh this morning......smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for brunch. Get me, going all la di da and fancy. ..I'll probably just have some fruit later because I really don't feel like I need a lunch after that lot.

Currently got some bolognese sauce in the slow cooker - should make about 5 or 6 portions.

For tonight it's a small pork steak with masses of vegetables.

I love stuffed mushrooms......in fact I just love mushrooms. :D.
  • Wednesday2000Wednesday2000 Forumite
    4.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I decided to leave out the rice and threw in a tin of baked beans as well to up my protein. I'm making loads of curry, probably enough for three or four days.:)
    candygirl wrote: »
    Going to Mum's later, n She might be joining WW too.Back in the day She lost over 5st, n became a good member, n a leader.

I lost weight with WW when I was in my late twenties. I maintained it for quite a while, up until I was about 40 and then it all went downhill.:o:p
  • edited 14 April 2019 at 12:28AM
    mtbbuxtonmtbbuxton Forumite
    328 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 14 April 2019 at 12:28AM
    Hi MT.

Thanks for that.

However......

Sorry I'm not very good with the App. Which section would I find it please. I've just tried it but can find it.

Sorry, not been online for a few days :o

Do you mean the place to change the unit of measurement?

If for example you want to have new potaotes, firstly search in the top search bar, then select the item you want. Another page will load with the details. Underneath the word Track it says servings. To the right of this it say 1 portion(s) (small) Tap on those words and a box will come up over the original page. On the left are the numbers and on the right are the units of measurement. For new potatoes you can scroll the right to show oz, portions (small), individual (medium) or g. You can also scroll the space in between to show fractions of portions.
    Hopefully I've understood you correctly and explained it properly but if not, I'll try and get some screenshots for you.

M x

ETA You can also log in to your online account via the WW website and find the information you need there x
    13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah thank you. That's very helpful.

My son set up the app for me a few days ago and I have now had time to play with it. I think I've more or less got to grips with it now.

I am such a technophobe :rotfl: but I think I'm managing ok. I probably don't get as much out of it as some people, I still track my daily points manually......:rotfl:

But I do look at the recipes and I love the connect section. So many inspiring stories on there.

Thanks again for your help. You've made it a lot clearer for me.

I am doing ok, not sure how much I will have lost this week. I have been out and about a lot and have used up my weekly points and have none left to spare. I am going out again tomorrow so I might struggle to stay on track.

Never mind I'll be happy if I just manage stay the same this week.

I did intend to do some extra exercise but never got round to it, but I have been doing lots of decluttering and "extreme housework", :rotfl: moving furniture around etc. so hopefully that will help.;).