HD Liquidation

Options
Has anyone heard of this company HD Liquidation. They were advertising handbags on my Instagram feed and I clicked to order and buy one. The advertised price was £14.95 but they took £99.95 from my credit card. I got in touch with my bank straight away and they advised to wait until the goods are sent return them and ask for a refund. If this is not forthcoming they will take it up. The company is e mailing me about the status of my order which they now say has been lost by the courier and they have offered me a free bag to make up for this !!!! Have e mailed them a number of times but despite them sending me e mails they do not reply. Of course the advert is no longer on Instagram. Have tried to get in touch with Instagram but can’t find a way to do this. I have got the bank to send me a new credit card so nothing more can be taken but am wondering what else I can do. Have tried to find the company on Google but no trace. Am annoyed that I have been a bit stupid buying things this way but would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance
£180.00 in 'sistercas'fund
Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
Samuel Smiles

Comments

• oscarward
    oscarward Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 31 March 2019 at 9:22PM
    Options
    My wife had the same issue, she assumed it was a scam and got her bank to cancel card.

She managed to get in touch with hd who were actually pretty good and cancelled the order and refunded her money. A few tense words were issued when they suggested it would take 10 days to process a refund but in fact it only took 2.

As an aside why can companies take money immediately but take days to refund, is it a banking thing or a ploy by companies?
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    oscarward wrote: »
    As an aside why can companies take money immediately but take days to refund, is it a banking thing or a ploy by companies?

Money they take, takes the same amount of time to go from you to them as it does to go from them to you (through the banking system). When they have "taken" the money they haven't actually received it until it has processed through the banking/card system.
  • miffy257
    miffy257 Posts: 890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oscarward , please could you tell me how your wife got in touch with them as they do not reply to my e mails and I have not found any trace of them on Google . Thanks
    Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
    Samuel Smiles
  • oscarward
    oscarward Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    miffy257 wrote: »
    Oscarward , please could you tell me how your wife got in touch with them as they do not reply to my e mails and I have not found any trace of them on Google . Thanks

Hi
    She replied to the order acknowledgement email . She tells me the phone is unanswered.
  • miffy257
    Options
    Have sent numerous e mails this way but nothing in return. I did take the phone number off the original advert but as you say no one answers. Getting so frustrated :mad:
    Samuel Smiles
  • Maryhodge
    Options
    Exact same story for me, down to ‘the courier lost it’! Just talked to credit card and they suggest easiest course for refund is: I don’t contact company etc, but wait 30 days from order, in my case to mid April and then non delivery can be claimed and refund from cc. Sod’s law the bag will arrive, but I won’t hold my breath!
  • miffy257
    Options
    Maryhodge, did they take more money from your bank account than you thought you were paying? My credit card said I had to wait for goods to arrive and then send back for refund. If the refund was not forthcoming credit card company would then take up case. Didn’t realise cc could refund after 30 day wait .
    Samuel Smiles
  • JennieM
    Options
    Exactly the same thing has happened to me. HDL took £99.95 from my account for a handbag on sale for £14.95, when I contacted my bank they said it was for web design and connection charges. About once a week HDL are emailing me saying order approved, and order packed and ready for delivery, haven't got to the courier has lost it bit yet, but I am sure that will come. Currently attempting to recover the amount through the bank process.:mad:
  • miffy257
    Options
    Jennie M, it is just so frustrating, they now tell me they have found my order so I am awaiting it’s arrival. My credit card company tell me I should send it back and ask for refund but I doubt I will get the bag or an invoice. Did you buy yours through Instagram feed. I can’t find any trace of it on there now and it seems impossible to get in touch with Instagram. Hope you manage to get your money back.
    Samuel Smiles
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 April 2019 at 1:17AM
    Options
    The only thing I have found is links to daphna levinson Hdl, Israeli company .
    Can someone confirm or deny if this is them.i think it’s probably not
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport