IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Postal NTK

Hi

I’ve read the newbies thread but just wanted to check before doing anything that I am doing the right thing.

I have received an NTK through the post which has a picture of my reg plate from ANPR Cameras last week. I paid for 12 hours parking in this car park by using Apple Pay from my Apple Watch therefor have proof of payment from my bank statement. My question is, do I use the “one size fits all” template for this situation or do I simply appeal to them stating that I did pay and have proof? The parking company is Euro car parks.

Thanks in advance & sorry if I’ve missed the info on this!

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    111.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Check the payment - must have been allocated to a wrong car/wrong VRN?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DT51BDT51B Forumite
    8 Posts
    It doesn’t show the VRN on bank statements. The machine obviously hasn’t registered my vrn when I input it though for this to happen?
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    55.6K Posts
    Forumite
    Send the blue template appeal from the NEWBIES unaltered from the keeper.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • DT51BDT51B Forumite
    8 Posts
    I've just copied the blue template from NEWBIES. Before I submit, should I attach any evidence to the online form, ie. my bank statement transaction or should I hold off?

Thanks again
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    32K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Don't bother attaching anything.

It is widely thought that most PPCs don't even read appeals, they just reject them.

Euro Car Parks will probably recognise the appeal template and put it in the too difficult pile.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    111.8K Posts
    Forumite
    DT51B wrote: »
    It doesn’t show the VRN on bank statements. The machine obviously hasn’t registered my vrn when I input it though for this to happen?
    Don't be in the dark, email a SAR to the Data Protection Officer as per ECP's PRIVACY PAGE (yes, they have one, no posting that they don't, please, as so many people do who can't Google and expect us to do it - I'm sure that's not you!).

In the SAR (see NEWBIES thread post #2 for an example) ask for the machine list showing the payment matched to that car, or to a near miss VRN, at the time of parking.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DT51BDT51B Forumite
    8 Posts
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Don't be in the dark, email a SAR to the Data Protection Officer as per ECP's PRIVACY PAGE (yes, they have one, no posting that they don't, please, as so many people do who can't Google and expect us to do it - I'm sure that's not you!).

In the SAR (see NEWBIES thread post #2 for an example) ask for the machine list showing the payment matched to that car, or to a near miss VRN, at the time of parking.

Ok, I've already sent off the appeal through their website using the blue template. Shall I now do the SAR as well whilst waiting on a reply from them?

Thanks for your help :)
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    32K Posts
    Forumite
    DT51B wrote: »
    Ok, I've already sent off the appeal through their website using the blue template. Shall I now do the SAR as well whilst waiting on a reply from them?
    Yes, please do.
  • DT51BDT51B Forumite
    8 Posts
    Just before I do, is it ok to use the letter found in the SAR thread from June 18 (can't post the link)

Thanks
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    32K Posts
    Forumite
    Why not follow the suggestion you were given earlier?...
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    In the SAR (see NEWBIES thread post #2 for an example)...
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals