Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 2 - Page 18

New Post Advanced Search

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 2

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
486 replies 31.8K views

Replies

• enthusiasticsaverenthusiasticsaver Forumite, Board Guide
    10.4K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    K9zz wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I know everyone’s opinion will differ but I’d like to know which the majority of us leans towards. Do you think weight loss is mostly about calorie control and therefore it doesn’t matter what you eat within reason or do you feel limiting carbs is more successful and/or healthier? Thanks. I look forward to reading your replies.

I am using calorie control and monitor using a nutracheck app on my phone. I tend to lean towards low fat and low sugar foods though as they are lower in calories. If I eat something high in calories I compensate by cutting back for the rest of the day/next couple of days. I don't limit carbs but have set my app to analyse my diet and aim for a balanced one so not leaning towards protein or carbs but a balance between the both. I am losing around 1lb a week on this plan.
    Early retired in December 2017

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected]
  • edited 19 April 2019 at 8:31AM
    K9zzK9zz Forumite
    37 posts
    edited 19 April 2019 at 8:31AM
    WEIGH IN ALERT-(see I can remember to do things sometimes!) I’ve lost 1lb this week. Not much granted but at least it’s off not on so I’m feeling quite chuffed with that! 13st 9.6lbs now. That is all! Thank you and good night. Have a great day everyone and don’t overindulge in Hot X Buns!
    Luv K9zz
  • CRANKY40CRANKY40 Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 Second Quarter

01/04/19 - 30/06/19

Imperial (lbs)

Brambling 2/10 -/:);)/;)
    chocolatebum 4/14 -/:):):)/:)
    Cranky 4.5/9 -/:):):):);)/STS
    dandy-candy 2/7 -/:):)/STS
    Doing it my way 0/13 -/-/
    dumpling 4/10 -/-/:):):):)
    ellie99 2/10 :)/:)
    enthusiastic saver 2/14:) /:)/
    fit and freaky 2/18 -/:):)/
    Gingerlily 0.5/14 -/;)/:);)
    GreenEcoGirl +2/11 -/STS/:D:D
    hatful of hollow 0/11 -/-/
    Iheartichokeyou 0/10 -/-/
    Izadora +1/18 -/:)/:D:D
    K9zz 2/12 -/:):)/:)
    katiepants 6/13 -/:):):):);)/:);)
    kazwookie 2/12 -/:)/:)
    MovingForwards 8/20 :):):):):):):)/:)/
    MrsLottie 1/7 ;)/;)/
    Munchin 0/10 -/;)/
    Rose Wood 3/7 -/:):)/:)
    s_glover 0/16 -/STS/
    SIRENS 3.5/10 -/;)/:):)
    star trek fan 2/14 -/:):):)/:D
    VickyV 1/16 -/:)/

Metric (kg)

butterfly2507 0.2/9 -/:D/:);)

Weight Loss week 1 ..................8.0 lbs
    Weight Loss week 2 ............... 35.0 lbs & +0.5kg
    Weight Loss week 3...................8.5 lbs & 0.7kg
    July grocery challenge £0.00/£250  
  • K9zzK9zz Forumite
    37 posts
    Gosh, it’s quiet on here! Hopefully it’s because everyone is outside enjoying this wonderful weather! My eating was a bit naughty yesterday but it is Easter after all and I’ve resigned myself to it being naughty for the whole holiday and then I will knuckle down again next week.
    I’ve decided to start weighing daily again (providing I remember!) as that seems to help me focus a bit more and stop me becoming complacent.
    Scampi, chips and salad followed by mandarin sponge for dinner tonight and the other half of a fish pie I made yesterday for tomorrow night.
    Have a good weekend all,
    Luv K9zz x
  • dandy-candydandy-candy Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been eating loads of carbs and chocolate and feeling groggy and awful with it, but I’m resigned to carrying on like this until the bank holiday weekend is over - crazy I know!

Monday’s weigh in will deffo be a gain but DH and I have agreed to start the diet and calorie counting again on Tuesday.

I hope everyone has a great weekend xx
  • BramblingBrambling Forumite
    2.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's probably easier for me as living alone I've brought no chocolate or hot cross buns into the house :) I did have a half bun on Thursday when someone brought some into the office.

I've been trying to be good this week and to avoid evening eating I went to bed early Thursday and had a long bath last night, there's no food upstairs.

I went walking with my sister today we managed nearly 10 miles but it was very hot 26 degrees when I drove back into town so after a day gardening yesterday I'm shattered and my thighs are suddenly objecting to doing too much gardening :o

B - I skipped breakfast today and although I took a banana I didn't fancy it.
    L - one slice of cheese on toast with a berry smoothie. We shared a portion between us.
    D - HM scotch egg with salad
    S - apple
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
    10.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have bought hot cross buns and Easter eggs for the rest of the family and dark chocolate for me. I am only having half a hot cross bun each day if I have enough calories in my daily allowance and 4 squares of dark chocolate.

Today was my DGD2s 1st birthday so we all went out for a meal. I went for a low calorie meal which was super delicious. Seared chicken with spinach, fine beans and sweet potatoes. Small piece of birthday cake in the afternoon.

I won't report until tomorrow but it looks like I have lost another pound this week so managing to stay on target.

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected]
  • MrsLottieMrsLottie Forumite
    128 posts
    Not a good start to the Easter weekend for me , I’ve put on 1/2lb and not very happy with myself ! We have lots of chocolate in the house for Easter so big temptation too. We are away staying with relatives for a few days so not really on top of what I’m eating either. Think I’d better just resolve to start again when I’m home and just do my best .

Have a lovely Easter everybody !
    10.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weighing in for today Cranky at - 2 lb loss for week 3 I am not sure why I lost 2 lb over the week rather than 1 1b except for the fact we had a main meal lunchtime yesterday rather than in the evening as normal so am fully expecting to go back up again. I was also 200 calories under my allowance.

I have resisted Easter treats as far as possible. I had a tiny sliver of my DGD2 birthday cake yesterday and a small piece of Easter Egg my DGD1 offered me as I don't have one and she felt sorry for me in spite of me saying I didn't mind 😂. I did not like to refuse her kind gesture as she is only three and sharing is being encouraged with her at the moment.

I am now 12 stone 4 lb so 1 stone 6 lb to go according to my app. Not sure why they set 10 stone 12 lb as a target as I think that is only just top of my ideal weight for my height of 5 foot 4 inches.

On another note my son in law who is also trying to lose weight too informed me that airlines are considering weighing people before they board and charging extra for women over 11 stone and men over 13 stone. He read it somewhere yesterday. My DD1 thinks this is awful and fat shaming but DD2 points out the plane uses more fuel if the load is heavier and she is fed up with fatter people spilling over to her seat (she is only a size 10 in spite of having 2 kids in the last 4 years). We worked out 3 of us would be over the weight limit in spite of DD1 and myself only being size 14. My son in law is very tall but well over 13 stone. We said the seats are quite cramped anyway but neither DD1 nor I spill over into the next seat and son in law tall and broad rather than fat. Not sure how I feel about this but I can understand the plane having a maximum weight limit for safety reasons. Any views?

• VickyVVickyV Forumite
    174 posts
    Hi all,
    Late weigh in this week, not sure why, must have been the bank holiday that threw me.
    :o

Anyway, reporting a 1lb loss this week. I'd have liked more but I think my body is resisting losing the 'emergency stores' with all its might! It's a battle I can win. I might need to change up how I'm eating (and start going to bed early again - I'm a night time nibbler too!).

This week was quite a challenge, got back from hols to an empty fridge and shed loads of housework (teen daughter absolutely not pulling her weight) but it's done now and there's enough food to stock a small supermarket in the cupboard and freezer! :rotfl::rotfl:

Vicky x
    Grocery challenge July 2019 £0/£260.
    2019, Q1 Weight loss challenge 20/11lb :j
    Q2 weight loss challenge 16/16
    Saving money, decluttering and getting fit. How hard can it be? :rotfl: