We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Problem with Three
maximinimim
Posts: 10 Forumite
in Mobiles
Hi everyone,
I have tried to return my mobile to Three within the initial 14 day period (in fact I have only had the phone two days) and I have been informed by the cancellation department that I can not return it as I have used it. As I have not opened the mobile phone box or even the envelope containing the sim card it is impossible to have used it. The lady I spoke to is going to phone me back tomorrow after she has spoken to her supervisor. If they continue to to refuse my return does anyone have any suggestions how to proceed? Thank you in advance for your help.
I have tried to return my mobile to Three within the initial 14 day period (in fact I have only had the phone two days) and I have been informed by the cancellation department that I can not return it as I have used it. As I have not opened the mobile phone box or even the envelope containing the sim card it is impossible to have used it. The lady I spoke to is going to phone me back tomorrow after she has spoken to her supervisor. If they continue to to refuse my return does anyone have any suggestions how to proceed? Thank you in advance for your help.
0
Comments
-
don't put the sim card in the phone, if you do it's classed as acceptance of the contract. where did you get it from?
It is better to be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt0 -
Over the internet direct from Three themselves. If this is an example of their customer service I'm glad I'm not staying with them!0
-
photograph the unopened box and unopened sim packet and email or post it to them
keep on at them before the deadline, usually i'd say write to head office but ideally you want to get it sorted within 14 days, if needs to send photographic evidence to head office by a trackable method to prove you have sent it within the timelineYes Your Dukeiness
0 -
maximinimim wrote: »Over the internet direct from Three themselves. If this is an example of their customer service I'm glad I'm not staying with them!
if you haven't put the sim in they have to let you return it. don't wait for someone to call you, call them back and tell them the sim and box are unopened and you want an address to return it to.
It is better to be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt0 -
I got a three mobile throught the carphone warehouse a couple of weeks ago only to get it home and find that I could not get a signal in my house, took it back to carphone warehouse under their 14 day cancellation and had no problem returning it even though i had used it and made calls, sent texts etc so cant understand why they wont take your phone back especially if its not even been opened.0
-
I had the same problem with 3 call centre. Eventually I went over their heads and contacted head office in Glasgow,(found number on this iste by searching for"3"). I had to raise a complaint.....insist on doing so immediately over the phone dont be fobbbed off by the operator telling you a form will be sent out...then
I was put through to Brendan Paultz who sorted the issue immediately. I was sent a jiffy bag for the phone(which we had used but had little or no coverage with and was within the 14 day period) and a letter confirmimg I did not have to pay a penny. It was sorted by him days before the original call centre worker called back, when he did get back to me he was astounded that I had been allowed to return the phone!!
Hope this helps0 -
3 aftercare are a joke. I got a phone off them in May had it 2 days and the cutit off. They said I had given the wrong bank details, they had debited my acct so, clearly they had the right details. Lost my rag with the call centre saying we havent debited you acct,I had a statement in my hand, told them I would give acct number again if the reconnect, they said "no not poss but I still have to pay remainder of contract as account now cancelled and they were going to take me to court. I wrote a letter to their head office never got a reply, never heard from them again, account says settled on credit file, still have the phone and the SAT NAV software, doesnt work as has been zapped dont know what to do with it,0
-
I returned the first phone (refurbished) i got from them the same day i received it, had opened the box and even used the sim to call 333, they did ask if I had used the sim and I said only to call them... they didn't kick up a fuss with me, sent out a jiffy bag that same day and I had to replace my order (online because of the Quidco)SLC: £13000+
Quidco: £131.24 (paid) + £0 (validated) = £131.24
Valued Opinions: £75 (paid) + £52.30 (received) + £4.50 (pending) = £131.80
StudentPanel: £250 -
After several hours spent on the phone with customer services and managers etc and after speaking to my local Trading Standards and mentioning the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 I have finally managed to get a returns authorisation number. Awaiting the returns package which is due on Tuesday. Thank you for all your advice0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards