Picking myself up and dusting myself down!

Options
12346»

Comments

• PositiveBalance
    PositiveBalance Posts: 1,268 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds like an interesting course. I'm glad you got something out of it. :)

Interestingly, Dave Ramsey says that the *love* of money is the root of all evil which makes sense. Check out his Baby Steps videos on Youtube if you are bored (but I'm not sure how you would get the time to be bored with your schedule)! ;)
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#45): £3300/£3300
  • Puddleglum
    Puddleglum Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi PB. Good morning!

It was a good course and he is certainly worth investing in. One to consider for the future when all this cash is flowing through me like an avalanche.

I'm on a course this weekend coming which I stuck on the credit card a couple of months ago (£997). Spending the money is one thing, acting on the information is another and I can see how people get stuck there. You need to get money in so you take paid work which limits your time to act on the advice.

I shouldn't be here at the moment as I'm in the middle of writing a 3 day plan which someone has bought from me. I'm debating whether I've got time for a shower or can I get away with sticking my head under the tap? Breakfast is non negotiable as dinner isn't going to happen until 8 tonight. Probably could last without eating that long but would feel deprived!

Hope you all have a really good, productive day and that the sun comes out.
    "A thousand candles can be lit from a single candle without shortening the life of that candle."

I still am Puddleglum - phew!
  • Puddleglum
    Options
    I know that there is lots to do but can't think what it is!

£310 cash to take to the bank today. :j

I've got a presentation to give on health in the work place this morning so will need to post about that on as many social media platforms as possible. Better not dodge the make up this morning. Selfies required (have discovered that just having half my face in a selfie is easier to look at).

Tutoring all afternoon and evening.

Then tomorrow I'm off on a three day course which I paid for a couple of months ago. The promise was that if I implement the tactics taught I will make my investment back quickly. :money:

I've still got to put the finishing touches to a three day program I've already sold so had better toddle off and get on with the day.

Hope you all have a good one!:T:T:T
    "A thousand candles can be lit from a single candle without shortening the life of that candle."

• PositiveBalance
    Options
    All the best on your course...I hope it causes you to make a *lot* of money! :)
  • Puddleglum
    Options
    Thanks PB. We are have been looking at becoming a different person this morning. The argument is that if we were a different person already then we would be selling our work. The fact that we aren't means that something needs to change.

Every time I feel my concentration wavering I remind myself how much I have paid!

On the payment front, I have been paid by the supply agency. A little less than I had hoped so need to see if I am on that emergency tax code. £50 has gone to the CC. £50 to savings. £100 will go to landlady and then I had better hold off until next week! The min on the CC has still got to come out :-)

• Puddleglum
    Options
    I've had a day and a half of it on my course today! Plenty of AHA moments - yes capital letters.

I suppose that the first one to talk about actually came yesterday when the person leading it asked us about how we would feel if he said that tomorrow we could have all the clients we wanted. A fully booked diary.

My first thought that came to mind was "panicked - I'm not ready!". He explained that if we are not getting the results that we want then we have to change something about ourselves. Otherwise we would be where we want to be. Fair point.

This morning one of the other people on the course was talking about how much she charges per session (£190) and how she only needs to see 4 people a week to give her a decent income and plenty of time to do the things she wants to do. Okay; my jaw hit the floor listening to that.

I got talking to her at lunch time and realised that I do have a bit of a problem in my relationship to money. I knew that I am undercharging (bargain basement prices) and that by doing so I am doing myself and fellow professionals a disservice and devaluing the work I do in my client's eyes.

It turns out though that the life time value of a client to me is just over £18 and I'm paying way more than that to get a client. Some serious thinking is going to have to be done tonight! I've got to start again and rethink my whole approach otherwise I'd be better off just giving up.

So on my way back tonight I stopped and bought myself a nice bottle of burgundy - it is rather nice. I've just had dinner and there is enough food in the house to have a decent breakfast before heading back out for the final day of the course tomorrow.

STOP PROCRASTINATING PUDDLEGLUM - GO AND DO SOME WORK!:beer:

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hope the final day of the course goes well :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • PositiveBalance
    Options
    Sounds like a very interesting course - I hope the last day goes well for you. :)
  • Puddleglum
    Options
    Things can change very quickly when you are on a zero hours contract. I was set up with enough money coming in to be able to get back on track and start paying back my debts but then it kind of unraveled on me!

On the plus side I have been able to devote time to the key stage 2 maths marking contract which is exacting in required detail and very time consuming. Marking on GCSE maths paper 1 starts next week and overlaps with the ks2 contract and then after that I'm team leading on GCSE maths paper 3 marking so not running around here there and everywhere will help me concentrate on doing a good job.

My own business has been sadly neglected for the past couple of weeks but I have arranged a skills swap with a business coach which should help.:beer:

• PositiveBalance
    Options
    Hi Puddleglum!

Sorry I've been MIA a bit and I'm glad you got time to focus on your marking.

Where you up to now?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business