Need to borrow £220k?

Options

Comments

• foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    you don't need to be medically qualified. I have been more then 50 times in that chamber and feel like new born.

If you own your own home your better off selling that and renting a cheaper place to live to help fund this.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    you don't need to be medically qualified. I have been more then 50 times in that chamber and feel like new born. the chamber is a pressure chamber composed of several rooms so equipped that you can stay inside for two-hour sessions. The chamber is equipped with a lock, creating an intermediate state between the pressure inside the chamber – 1500 hPa and outside – 1000 hPa. This allows you to go out and enter it freely any time of the day. the carbon dioxide content in the air in the normobaric room is from 0.7 to 1.3 % (in the atmosphere outside there is a hypocapnia, because only 0.03% of carbon dioxide )The increased content of carbon dioxide in the blond allows for better oxygen absorption by cells of the human body as it facilitates the disconnection of oxygen from hemoglobin in the capillaries, where it is most needed very simple but work great

The increased air pressure will do that job by itself.
    Thats why its dangerous to scuba dive too deep, oxygen narcosis due to increased pressure. nothing to do with CO2.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 March 2019 at 4:25PM
    Options
    you don't need to be medically qualified. I have been more then 50 times in that chamber and feel like new born. the chamber is a pressure chamber composed of several rooms so equipped that you can stay inside for two-hour sessions. The chamber is equipped with a lock, creating an intermediate state between the pressure inside the chamber – 1500 hPa and outside – 1000 hPa. This allows you to go out and enter it freely any time of the day. the carbon dioxide content in the air in the normobaric room is from 0.7 to 1.3 % (in the atmosphere outside there is a hypocapnia, because only 0.03% of carbon dioxide )The increased content of carbon dioxide in the blond allows for better oxygen absorption by cells of the human body as it facilitates the disconnection of oxygen from hemoglobin in the capillaries, where it is most needed very simple but work great

Apart from all that, what do you know about nitrogen narcosis and decompression sickness, hypoxia, hypercapnia, and side effects of hyperbaric treatments?

Possible symptoms or side effects after HBOT can include fatigue and lightheadedness. More severe problems can include:

Lung damage, including collapse of the lung

Fluid buildup or bursting (rupture) of the middle ear

Sinus damage

Changes in vision, causing nearsightedness, which usually goes away days to weeks after the last treatment

Oxygen poisoning, which can cause lung failure, fluid in the lungs, or seizures. Seizures from oxygen poisoning don't typically cause brain damage

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/conditions/physical_medicine_and_rehabilitation/complications_of_hyperbaric_oxygen_treatment_134,148

See also https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercapnia - which is about elevated levels of carbon dioxide, and its dangers.

Perhaps instead of buying the product whose website you are parroting word for word, you could offer to hire it.

That way you might be able to send it back when your insurers realise you don't know what you're doing.

I'm out, as the saying goes.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi

Sorry just had to chip in here. I am the girlfriend of a hyperbaric physician who works in the nhs and from your posts it is obvious that you don’t know what you’re getting yourself into. Aside from medical school you have to train for years to be a hyperbaric physician. There are medical complications that really need to be considered.

There are also lots of ‘cowboys’ out there putting people at risk and treating people for conditions that don’t have an evidence base. Please make sure you have the correct medical expertise and you are treating conditions that actually have evidence behind them.
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I wouldn’t worry too much OP hasn’t been back since day they posted... on the plus side there is no way they’ll be getting the funds their after based on the info they have given.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    At least now I know what hyperbaric medicine is.

Anyway;

The University of Birmingham's 2012 guidance to West Midlands primary care trusts and clinical commissioning groups concluded "The primary research studies investigating the efficacy of HBOT are remarkable for the consistent poor quality of the published clinical trials as well as the lack of evidence demonstrating significant health benefits. There is a lack of adequate clinical evidence to support the view that HBOT therapy is efficacious for any of the indications for which it is being used

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbaric_medicine
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 March 2019 at 8:57PM
    Options
    The main indication is decompression sickness. After that it is any other form of aerial or venous gas embolus and some cases of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Then diabetic foot ulcers, osteoradionecrosis, selected other problem wounds, Malignant Otistis externa and sudden onset idiopathic sensorineural hearing loss.

There are many issues with getting the level of evidence required to be good enough for double blind RCTs. Such as number of patients etc. But when this happens in medicine there becomes a generally accepted treatment in certain instances.
  • Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Where do we go from here? The words are coming out all weird.
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bermonia wrote: »
    I wouldn’t worry too much OP hasn’t been back since day they posted... on the plus side there is no way they’ll be getting the funds their after based on the info they have given.

Given that about 90% of the post I've quoted above is lifted straight from a website, I did wonder if this is some subtle version of spam or attempted search engine optimisation, maybe the signup or post IP address would be a clue, but I couldn't be bothered to report and take up the forum team's time to decide.
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,812 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    redux wrote: »
    I did wonder if this is some subtle version of spam

I'm fairly sure you are right there. It's almost certainly someone in the industry trying to generate interest in their product, hoping that readers will use the OP's text as their search text and therefore "accidentally" find their website.

Whatever, it hasn't worked out well for them, because some of the responses have made clear that it really isn't as the OP portrays, and that nobody is likely to get rich quick from it (other than the people selling the equipment).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure