Need to borrow £220k?

Options
firstly hello first time poster, im hoping that somebody may be able to shed some light on my situation.Basically I want to buy the normobaric chamber, it is a pressure chamber composed of several rooms and the pressure inside the chamber - 1500 hPa in short way scientific research show that the treatment with the increased barium pressure causes, among others, the following positive results Reduces inflammation by oxygenating all cells etc etc. I have only 30k and an idea.....if the bussines goes well monthly turnover 21k any advise how to start

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Prepare a business plan and visit some lenders.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,815 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 March 2019 at 6:40PM
    Options
    firstly hello first time poster, im hoping that somebody may be able to shed some light on my situation.Basically I want to buy the normobaric chamber, it is a pressure chamber composed of several rooms and the pressure inside the chamber - 1500 hPa in short way scientific research show that the treatment with the increased barium pressure causes, among others, the following positive results Reduces inflammation by oxygenating all cells etc etc. I have only 30k and an idea.....if the bussines goes well monthly turnover 21k any advise how to start

Prepare a business plan and send to lenders to convince them. If they convince they might want to lend you money. But you will get a very good chance to get money if you have some collaterals / securities with value of more than the amount of money you are asking.

Alternative, what about put your idea in one of Dragon Den Session.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,551 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    turn your idea and business plan into a kickstarter project
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are you medically qualified?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• martin227474
    Options
    you don't need to be medically qualified. I have been more then 50 times in that chamber and feel like new born. the chamber is a pressure chamber composed of several rooms so equipped that you can stay inside for two-hour sessions. The chamber is equipped with a lock, creating an intermediate state between the pressure inside the chamber – 1500 hPa and outside – 1000 hPa. This allows you to go out and enter it freely any time of the day. the carbon dioxide content in the air in the normobaric room is from 0.7 to 1.3 % (in the atmosphere outside there is a hypocapnia, because only 0.03% of carbon dioxide )The increased content of carbon dioxide in the blond allows for better oxygen absorption by cells of the human body as it facilitates the disconnection of oxygen from hemoglobin in the capillaries, where it is most needed very simple but work great
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options
    You need to see a high pressure salesman.

Sorry couldnt resist. Serious answer is that you will need a proper business plan, and I think a lot more than £21K put in by yourself. Something this bespoke would require a minimum 50% I would say.

Or as someone suggested, kickstarter may be worth a look although I have no idea how that works.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Your BP will need to be very good, no holes in it.
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Barium has nothing to do with anything baric. You might not want to include that bit in your business plan.
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    I would think you will need your own £120K for starters, and then look for the other £100K after you have written your business plan.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Lenders are only interested in what you have to lose, nothing else.

They look at business plans but it's only the first stage. Unless you have a house with a lot of equity or 50% to lose they won't consider you no matter how good the business plan.

Business plans used to work before the big crash but now they mean nothing on their own. Managers no longer have a say, in fact I don't even know who my manager is any more, it's more a team now with everything being kicked up stairs to a computer than crunches the numbers and kicks out the result, when the computer says no that's it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure