Options
1235»

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    scootw1 wrote: »
    I'm entitled to both but from the sound of things I would be better doing it this way as I will get a JSA payment sooner than I would of got the UC. and it balances out anyway. Unless I've misunderstood them. Which I might have considering how complex it all is.

I was just responding to your question asking what's the point of JSA. As you say having both can help with cashflow. Although you don't get any more money JSA will be paid fortnightly whereas the UC is only monthly and you will get some JSA sooner.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • scootw1
    scootw1 Posts: 2,165 Forumite
    Options
    calcotti wrote: »
    I was just responding to your question asking what's the point of JSA. As you say having both can help with cashflow. Although you don't get any more money JSA will be paid fortnightly whereas the UC is only monthly and you will get some JSA sooner.
    I realised you were responding to that. Hope I didn't sound flippant didn't mean to. you are correct, I think, in that the only advantage would be a little extra as the JSA is paid out sooner. As long as I get the money to live on and my rent (mostly) paid then I'm happy. It's just that with the confusion around all this I thought I would end up much worse off. Thanks for your input, appreciate it.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    scootw1 wrote: »
    Hope I didn't sound flippant

Not at all. I understand your frustration
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • scootw1
    scootw1 Posts: 2,165 Forumite
    Options
    calcotti wrote: »
    Not at all. I understand your frustration

I wish the Government would lol.:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income