Section 75 for Course Payment?

Hi Guys I’m new to MSE and hope I’ve posted in the correct area.

I paid for a distance learning course online with my credit card in September 2018, all has been going well since, until yesterday I found out the training company has gone into administration.

I had paid £1300 at the beginning of the course, but since receiving the email yesterday I will no longer be able to carry on my studies or receive the qualification I’ve paid for even though I’m towards the end with a few months left to go.

Am I able to claim from MBNA under section 75 as I haven’t received the services I’ve paid for. I closed this credit card account last month.



  • NasqueronNasqueron Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    You can try. Why not just ring up and ask them as the card was used for the course, though do remember S75 isn't a guaranteed refund, expect the process to be a while.

    Correct forum would be credit cards though
    the concept of a United States of Europe is right.” Winston Churchill 1930
    I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community...” -Winston Churchill 1961
    “The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.”[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] - Winston Churchill 1963
  • I will try and give them a call on Monday thanks, I had read on the guides there isn't a specific time frame so hopefully, I might be to try and recover some of the money.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

British Gas prepay meter users... pay less for gas from 1 April

MSE News

The 'odd Easter flavours' thread 2023

What bizarre food stuffs have you spied?

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools