Contacting Resolver Group and their Data Officer

weakpassword
weakpassword Posts: 21 Forumite
edited 12 March 2019 at 11:26AM in Site feedback
I am trying to get hold of Resolver, a business partner of MSE.

They have had a data breach and I wish to speak to them. I do not think the third party that has caused the breach will notify them, nor the data subject, as the third party doesn't give {Edited by Forum Team}* about being anti-social. Which is why the third party had been taken to Resolver in the first place.

James Walker is the named Data Officer. Columns, some PR outfit or otherwise useless bunch of turds, is in the same building but do not have any phone number for Resolver. All I can find is that Resolver is downstairs.

Could you imagine if you had to complain about Resolver? They obviously run things such that they are difficult to contact, but that is of course exactly the kind of problem people have with {Edited by Forum Team}** businesses.

Normally "entrepreneurs" can be tracked down with some clever Googling: regulatory documents, planning, etc., trade-rag blogs that only post ads, etc. sometimes contain an office or mobile phone number. But this business appears to be run such that there can be no accountability or transparency. Is that what MSE wants to be associated with? Because that is what it looks like.

*Censorship is usually self-defeating. The act of obscuring only makes things stand out more, so I have tried to exaggerate the standing-out.

**You missed one: {Edited by Forum Team}

Comments

• I've seen resolver mentioned on mse but i'm not sure they are "business partners" if you are convinced otherwise have you tried emailing mse for advice?
    Btw swearing in french is still swearing.
  • Former_MSE_Julie_B
    Former_MSE_Julie_B Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 12 March 2019 at 3:54PM
    Hi!

We contacted Resolver in light of this post and while it told us it is not aware of any data breach, it said it would investigate further.

Resolver says it did not receive any support request but it will help if you can post your message directly to them using the form on its web site. You can provide your phone number and Resolver will call you if required. Here's the link to use https://support.resolver.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new.

You can also find this link on Resolver’s website by going to the footer on the homepage, clicking on ‘Contact us’ and then clicking on the ‘Contact Resolver’ button.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure