What do you actually get with Sky Box Sets?

I'm currently paying £5.00 a month for Sky Box Sets, but I'm not sure if we actually use it or not.
The stuff that finds its way into our planner is either recorded via Sky+, or content found and downloaded via the search box.
When you search for content, it's not immediately obvious whether the programme is available via Catch-up, other On Demand services (All 4, UKTV Play, etc.) or Box Sets. Is there a way to tell?
Thinking of ditching Box Sets and getting Netflix for £7.99 a month instead.

Comments

• Dean000000
    Dean000000 Posts: 612 Forumite
    It’s all that like game of thrones and ballers and stuff like that.

I got rid, and never ever used it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If you have the Sky Go app on a computer you can click on the Box Sets link and you can browse from there. As said there's every episode of GoT, The Sopranos and The Walking Dead (plus extras) on there just for starters.
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,292
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I access the box sets via Now Tv which normally costs £8 a month for entertainment. Loads of good stuff on there. Typically, box sets let you watch a whole series, and catch up is weekly episodes - so should be easy to work out which you watch. The latter you can cover by recording, the former you'd need box sets. The TV programmes and movies available on sky are far better IMO than Netflix - and it is cheaper for you. One benefit of Netflix is that you can watch on multiple devices with multiple users - if you happen to know a family member with Netflix, you could ask them to login on your device so you can see what's available.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure