IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Car Hire popla

Options

Comments

• Dane19
    Dane19 Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have edited and submitted the rebuttal, thank you all for the help and advise, much appreciated wether won or lost. :)

Surely i will let you know the outcome.
  • Scoobylou9
    Scoobylou9 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck.

I’m in exactly the same position so I’d really appreciate if you could somehow paste a link or copy and paste your POPLA appeal onto this thread.

My situation is the same as yours, as in my car is leased too so I think for us the process is that much tougher!

I hope your ticket gets cancelled as it would give me some hope too but having read others experiences it seems losses are much more common now owing to the fact that some assessors are weak/not as clued up and so refuse the appeal.

Do keep us updated.
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    Options
    Scoobylou9 wrote: »
    My situation is the same as yours, as in my car is leased too so I think for us the process is that much tougher!

Scoobylou9, start your own thread if you need more help.

But don't go thinking that hire car appeals are tougher than other types .... Usually they're quite straightforward because the PPCs rarely comply with POFA re. sending hire docs to hirer and are unable to supply evidence of having done so to POPLA.

Dane19's case is a little unusual. I'd recommend reading other hire car threads too, as well as the hire car section in the Newbies' thread.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Dane19 wrote: »
    This letter from the lease company
    alg137.jpg

That letter is merely a letter transferring liability and is not the 'hire documents' and 'copy of the original NTK' that needed to be included with any NTH.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Dane19
    Options
    Dane19 wrote: »
    I have edited and submitted the rebuttal, thank you all for the help and advise, much appreciated wether won or lost. :)

Surely i will let you know the outcome.
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    That letter is merely a letter transferring liability and is not the 'hire documents' and 'copy of the original NTK' that needed to be included with any NTH.

Yes I understand. The issue is P.E did not include these with the orignal NTH but they have included all iin the evidence pack . So it's my word against there's I think.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It would be shocking if P/Eye win at POPLA by lying about the NTH enclosures.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Dane19
    Options
    Hi All

After so much waiting I lost. Here is the beginning of popla letter

After reviewing the evidence provided by both parties, I am not satisfied that, the appellant has been identified as the driver of the vehicle at the time of the relevant parking event. The operator is therefore pursuing the appellant as the registered keeper of the vehicle in this instance. For the operator to transfer liability for unpaid parking charges from the driver of the vehicle, to the registered keeper of the vehicle, the regulations laid out in PoFA 2012 must be adhered to. The operator has provided a copy of the notice to hirer and hire documents after reviewing this I am satisfied that; the operator has met with the requirements of PoFA 2012

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So PoPLA don't even know what a registered keeper is?

How on earth did they decide that the appellant was the registered keeper?
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,211 Forumite
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    So PoPLA don't even know what a registered keeper is?

How on earth did they decide that the appellant was the registered keeper?
    Exactly; it's the one thing that was impossible for the appellant to be.
  • Edna_Basher
    Edna_Basher Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    POPLA's assessor roulette strikes again - as we have already experienced.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=75530465&postcount=3434

Many of the current crop of POPLA assessors appear to be capable only of creating a collage of cut-and-pasted template sentences - without having the faintest idea what they have written.

In their "rational", what did the assessor have to say in response to your comment that the landowner's witness statement was signed 6 years ago and could not be relied upon?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure