Forum Home» Charities

RBS community accounts

New Post Advanced Search

Charities Board

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team, with limited resources, but we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand.

At this time, please note the Charities Board should only be used by registered charities and not include personal posts. I’m afraid we will have to delete any posts that aren’t from a registered charity. If you are facing personal financial difficulties at the moment, please use MSE’s coronavirus guides – they contain all the info we have and are constantly being updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

RBS community accounts

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Charities
1 reply 2.6K views
vincefoster45vincefoster45 Forumite
45 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Charities
I work for a charity and I submitted all our documents to the RBS community accounts but two weeks ago I did all that and said takes 7-10 working days but now March still heard nothing

How long before the accounts are opened

Replies

• Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    41.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No direct experience of RBS, but from a number of other banks DH and I have found ...
    • They don't always get the timescale right.
    • If there is anything wrong with any of the documents, they won't get back to you and tell you.
    • You have to chase them. That's when you find there was a problem with one (or more) of the documents.
    • You may find that you or one of the other signatories needs to go in and sign something else. Again, they won't tell you this unless you chase them.

Good luck ...

Oh, final thought. It's possible the accounts have been opened, but they haven't yet sent out the documentation, for one of the reasons above or for some other random reason. Again, chase them ...
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!