We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
3 Mobile 18 month contract deal
I purchased an 18 month contract from 3 12 months ago last November it was 15pounds a month at half price for 18 months with a Nokia 6280 refurb I bought it directly from 3 over the phone and can remember checking the deal with guy on the phone before going ahead.
I received my latest bill from them yesterday for month 13 but is was full price 30 pounds, I called India and they have said that the deal I was signed up was 12 months half price and 6 months full now there is no way I would have agreed to this but I can't find my contract anywhere I am not even sure I received it I don't believe I signed anything I have all my other paper work direct debit mandate etc. Has any one else had this problem?
The Indian lady said that there was a deal like this last year but it didn't start until the 10th November 2006 I started mine on the 3rd, but this is a lie as I can remember seeing it a month before I went for it.
I hate things like this and feel pretty stupid for not being able to find my contract.
This is my first post so please go easy!
I received my latest bill from them yesterday for month 13 but is was full price 30 pounds, I called India and they have said that the deal I was signed up was 12 months half price and 6 months full now there is no way I would have agreed to this but I can't find my contract anywhere I am not even sure I received it I don't believe I signed anything I have all my other paper work direct debit mandate etc. Has any one else had this problem?
The Indian lady said that there was a deal like this last year but it didn't start until the 10th November 2006 I started mine on the 3rd, but this is a lie as I can remember seeing it a month before I went for it.
I hate things like this and feel pretty stupid for not being able to find my contract.
This is my first post so please go easy!
0
Comments
-
My mother-in-law took out a 18 month contract on the 14th December last year. 18 months half price line rental on VTT700. The phone was a reconditioned Sony Ericsson K610i. So there were 18 month half price line rental deals as late as December.
What phone have you got?0 -
I purchased an 18 month contract from 3 12 months ago last November it was 15pounds a month at half price for 18 months with a Nokia 6280 refurb I bought it directly from 3 over the phone and can remember checking the deal with guy on the phone before going ahead.
I received my latest bill from them yesterday for month 13 but is was full price 30 pounds, I called India and they have said that the deal I was signed up was 12 months half price and 6 months full now there is no way I would have agreed to this but I can't find my contract anywhere I am not even sure I received it I don't believe I signed anything I have all my other paper work direct debit mandate etc. Has any one else had this problem?
The Indian lady said that there was a deal like this last year but it didn't start until the 10th November 2006 I started mine on the 3rd, but this is a lie as I can remember seeing it a month before I went for it.
I hate things like this and feel pretty stupid for not being able to find my contract.
This is my first post so please go easy!
Just tell them that it was a refurb 6280 and not a new one, same thing happened to me.
I think the reasonw e got 6280,s because the n70 refurbs were out of stock
this was the deal:
i got annoyed with the 1st line person, and demanded to speak to there supervisor, 3 days later they admitted i was right, an i got credited £90 to my account, id been overcharged by 2 months £30 in total, so i was happy with the £90 ;-)
3 dont send you the contract, you just get a dispached email when you order.0 -
Thanks for the replies, John 1973 I got through to the supervisor and they said that unless I sent them a copy of my contract they will not credit me.
Pretty hard to get anywhere with them, how can you form a contract if you haven't signed or seen anything?0 -
Thanks for the replies, John 1973 I got through to the supervisor and they said that unless I sent them a copy of my contract they will not credit me.
Pretty hard to get anywhere with them, how can you form a contract if you haven't signed or seen anything?
They never send a contract though, all it says on my despatch email is £15@month for the promotional period, it doesnt say how long for.0 -
3 don't send out paper contracts.
I've asked in the past but never received it.
When you take out a deal the contract is 'recorded' over the phone. If you want T&C's ask them for a copy. Unless you had a previous deal in which case 3 say that your new contract is an extension of the old one (which is rubbish but no-ones tested it on court yet).
If they won't send it, you may have a case for small claims court. Possibly, but the whole area is very iffy.
3 have a record of changing the details of contracts during your period with them (don't everyone go banging on at me now, it's happened to me, my OH, friends, family etc so it's not just supposition).The atmosphere is currently filled with hypocrisy so thick that it could be sliced, wrapped, and sold in supermarkets for a decent price and labeled, 'Wholegrain Left-Wing, Middle-Class, Politically-Correct Organic Hypocrisy'.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards