PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Old Style Daily Thursday 28th February

Options
13»

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,603 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    snoozer, if it's filgrastim, leave it out of the fridge for a good half hour before injection, I didn't once and had godawful pains in my back after that and I think that's the reason why.
    OL, don't answer the door, make like you're napping, you need the naps after dealing with prodigal.
    Or just tell sort of the truth and say you're a bit busy throughout each day but she can come on Wednesday for half hour before you have to go to the shops or something. i9u8Or say, you can't come round today but we can go to the SM for a cuppa...
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all,
    We've had rain :(. It looks like it will be heavy showers for the rest of the day too.
    I went to Al*is this morning and it was busy as not only is it Thursday, but it is also half term, I forgot what day it was :doh:There were a lot of cross / inconsiderate people there today :mad:. I was glad to get home.
    Anyway the shopping has been put away and a snack lunch eaten. Dad is supposed to be coming over for tea weather permitting, but he probably won't come if it's bucketing down. ( no, we're not doing the rain dance :rotfl:). I think we will have faggots and peas.
    I did all my housework yesterday and then cleared my gardening shed out. All Mr Fix It's tools are back in his shed, so I can now access mine without climbing over his stuff :j
    On the subject of hot pants, I remember I had a navy suit, which had a short jacket and I had black patent leather platform shoes. Thought I was the bees knees :rotfl:.
    Mehefin I have PM'd you. I'm a Daffodil girl, can't stand leeks :eek:.
    ScarlettR I find that the waists on jeans/ trousers are always gaping and I have to wear a belt. That's the trouble when you have an hour glass figure :rotfl:.
    Rosyred please let us know. Boy or Girl ?
    Organza Lace I'd stop answering the texts and if she turns up at your door tell her that you are busy. I'm sure she will get the message at some point even if it takes a while. Stay strong lovely, for your own state of mind. Hugs
    taff good luck today with the parking and the cab appointment.
    Csarina Happy Anniversary :love:
    I'm glad all the appointments went well yesterday.
    Apologies if I have missed anyone, I'm sure there were a few more people with news, but I've forgotten who :o
    Take care and hugs to all
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    How come DD's chaotic lifestyle ends up on my shoulders too?!!

She picked me up 8.30 as planned. Took DGDs to school and then I thought we were going to Aldi, expecting to be back home by 10.00 at the very latest. Wrong!!

Are you in a rush she says. Not particularly says I. Oh good I have a few places to go first if that's alright. A few places?! She didn't tell me these few places were at least 10 miles each apart! A tutu to pick up for "Margot" for her dancing competition on Saturday. Next stop the dance shop 10 miles away for some new ballet shoes. A further 5 miles away Waterstones for a book on verbal reasoning for middle DGD. Next a haberdashery shop for some little silver lace flowers to decorate a white tutu youngest is wearing. Next a Tesco we were passing as she needed the loo and I finally got to Aldi at 2.15 and got home with my shopping at 3.00!! Frantically put shopping away and made a start on the Bolognese Bakes! Now lined up in the kitchen. Me exhausted!

And there's more! She swapped her Saturday shift so the girls could be ferried to the dancing competition some 20 miles over the border in Lancashire. And could I go with them!

She had swapped her Saturday shift to tomorrow and was it alright for the girls to sleep tonight after all!! I'm too old for the chaotic life she leads!

Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,111 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OL I get on much better with my old neighbour since we moved :o She has to visit in her car now so she has to make arrangements, not pop round or wait for me on my way back from the shop ,Not much help for you though!

Nanny window- thanks for asking- he's a boy :D. Not without incident,apparently DN reacted badly to the drugs used in the anaesthetic so her blood pressure was low then soared.Baby needed more oxygen when he was born so he was whisked to the neo natal unit for now but is doing a lot better now:j
    I went into town to buy him a present and one for his big brother :) so will pop to the hospital tomorrow if she feels up to visitors.
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    Csarina, thanks for the tip, I'll have a look. I've also got a book about alterations which may help.

I made some elastic belts a while ago for this sort of problem, and as I don't tuck things in, I can use one of those, they're a big help.

Nanny, I'm not an hourglass, I wish I was- I'm a straight up and down thing with an undefined waist, no backside and a fat tummy, so you can see why I have problems!!

I used to have a backside but a few years ago I lost weight when I was having problems at work and the weight disappeared from there unfortunately.

Hope all this talk of my strange body isn't putting anyone off their evening meal, sorry folks.

Hope you've had happy news about your niece RosyRed

I didn't know horses moulted either - my knowledge of horses would fill the back of a postage stamp.

Speky, you're doing well with your yoga, keep it up

See you tomorrow folks, take care
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    I see the baby has arrived, congratulations on your great nephew RosyRed

Hope they'll both be ok
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,112 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Congrats on the new arrival RosyRed, it's so nice to hear.

My student responded so well to the face to face session, he understood things so much better. I came away much more heartened. Then I turned right instead of left and gave myself 30 miles too many to drive. I didn't realise until too late, at least the light is lengthening and I was well past the Rest before darkness began.

Snoozer - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Steve now. The ABs should let him get back some strength.

Just time for making a cup of tea before Masterchef. :rotfl:
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    RodyRed congratulations!

Happy anniversary Deleted_User.

My pj hunt was unsuccessful chiefly because I'm picky, I want cotton. I get itchy in synthetic stuff. I used not to wear anything but now I like the extra warmth. Other than that, a nice day though I got a bit wet.

OL the advice to suggest a specific time is good. This is something I have struggled with sometimes too.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • nannywindow
    Options
    RosyRed congrats on the birth of your Great Nephew :T. I hope both Mum and baby are doing well now.
    Night night all xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport