PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Thursday 28th February

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Comments

• Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone :wave:

My appointment yesterday went well. I’m not surprised it took so long. I saw two consultant psychiatrists a psychologist and one other professional. They confirmed the diagnosis I was given by a tertiary level service so no surprises there and they gave me some advice on dealing with how I am right now. It would be helpful if I was able to have treatment from them but there isn’t any funding available.

As the sunny weather has come to an end, I think that today will be a catch up on the housework and shopping day. The washing is up to date as I made the most of the good weather to get it dried outside.

I will go shopping with a friend this afternoon to stock up on the heavy and bulk items that I need as she has got a car. I find it so frustrating that I have to rely on other people still for some things. At least I am able to do most things for myself again now, something I will never again take for granted.

OL I’m sorry to hear your sad news, condolences to you and the rest of the family x
    nanny another one here who had several maxi skirts, and I have to admit to having had some hot pants as well :eek:.

Have as good a day as possible everyone.
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Good morning and thank you for starting today's thread Hollyharvey.

Today I will be going out for a walk and coffee with a friend - I have made two dressed bears for her adult daughter's friends who gave just had babies. Those will go along with me, plus a bear to ge posted to another friend. After coffee I plan to go into the city for a few personal errands. One of these is pj replacement as sone of mine are now so old that they are pretty holey, a type of open plan pyjamas.

No huge plans other than that, as it is likely to take up quite a lot of the day. I need to put on yet another wash load but it is towels so that can wait until I have my shower and I can add in the towel from that.

No other news here so I will wish everyone a good day. OL I'm thinking of you and your family.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

I think our good weather has left, it's misty and murky outside this morning. I cut the grass yesterday, it was quite wet but needed doing, can't believe I've cut the grass in February!

Sorry to hear of your loss OL.
    Glad your appt went well Holly.

I watched the Sewing Bee last night, they are all so clever. It was a good throwback to the 70s, those dresses were just so dated!

Have a good day, take care. XX
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :)

OL I am so sorry to read your news what a shock for everyone x

Holly sounds like you had a full MOT and service :D Hope it will be worth it in the long run.

Yesterdays prep day could have been more productive I am just not effective at course design I can always find something far more fascinating to do like navel gazing. Anyway for my sins I now have it to finish today as the customer needs it by Monday...no pressure then

Out to lunch with a friend today we have a lot to catch up on so looking forward to that. Least i wont need food tonight although i really enjoyed the liver last night

Have a good day everyone
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks HOLLY. I am so pleased yesterday went well. OL what an awful shock for your SIL. Condolences to you all.

Oooh hot pants! Flash back to the swinging 60's - those were the days to be young!! I had a black pair worn with a close fitting white lace blouse and a pair of white lace knee length boots! Wish I still had the legs for them!! I have a photo of myself in this outfit taken at Batley Variety Club when Gene Pitney was appearing!

Shopping day today. DD collecting me on her way to school 8.30 ish for the usual trawl of Aldi and somewhere else. I was disappointed with the freshness of some of last week's veg so might detour into Sainsbobs. Their veg might be more expensive but I think it's worth it in the long run.

The DGDs are not sleeping tonight as DD is not working tomorrow but they are still coming for tea for their weekly fix of Bolognese Bake! I'll get the sauce on the go next.

Lovely day in Skipton yesterday, wandering the stalls in the sunshine was a real pleasure. I was tempted by a lovely fine cotton White Stuff jumper in Mind. Navy with coloured spots. Not particularly cheap at £5.75 but it looked brand new. I think it will look lovely with white jeans on cooler summer days - when I have lost the half stone put on this winter! Today is Day 1 of sensible eating!!

Have a good day folks if you can and ((HUGS)) as always for the sad, worried or lonely and of course the poorlies. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,056 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

No sun here either, lots of low white cloud instead.

I'm travel,I got up to Oban later go teach my student face to face, he's rather academically challenged and will benefit from it. After that's finished at 4pm I'm going back to DMs in Glasgow. Being in Oban will add another hour to my journey, can't be helped.

Despite the weather I hope everyone is doing OK and wish you all a happy Thursday.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Its foggy and icy here this morning I hope that our spring is not over and we havent gone straight back to winter :(

Off to work today and I need to think of something to keep 5 people busy for the day maybe we might make some Danish pastries ?

Some thing with chips for dinner tonight there are some fish fingers in the freezer or a pizza that needs using.

OL I am so sorry to hear about your BIL what a shock for everyone xx

Have good days all xx
  • silver-oldie
    Options
    Good morning all

Thank you for starting us off Holly, pleased all went well yesterday.

LameWolf, good to 'see' you.

OL my condolences to you and you family.

Thoughts are with Poppy

Chap came and gave me a price for trimming the hedge and trees yesterday, said he would call me last night to say when he could do the work, he didn't call, good start!! I suppose I'll have to phone him No wonder I'm tired, always something needs doing.

Much colder today,not sure what we'll be doing, we do try and have a walk most days, even if it's not far.

Take care all
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Hollyharvey - thanks for starting us off x

OL - what a shock, thinking of you all x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light, misty cloud and air feels cooler.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, as has DS1, DS2 still in his pit, but has devoured a cuppa and his brekkie.

Dinner last night was roast chicken portions, mash, LO cauli/broc cheese, LO yorkshires, carrots, peas and gravy. Tonight will be ham, egg and chips/jacket potato and coleslaw.

Yesterday work was quite slow but some of the enquiries we did have were complicated but now on days' off but I'm working Saturday morning. I have the usual "to do" list and loads more - once we get this weekend out of the way, everything should settle down a bit, loads been going on that I didn't want to bore you all with and some other news that's not so boring.

I'll be heading into town first thing, then getting to grips with the list.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Bozwood
    Bozwood Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning. It’s a bit cooler today I don’t think it will be so nice today. We will see.
    OL sorry for your loss what a shock This morning I am working lunchtime and after school at some point I want to go to the gym.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure