PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Thursday 28th February

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning,

I stuck to my word and went to yoga at lunch yesterday, which I'm proud of. I'll try and make that a regular thing, so much so that I've put it in my calendar so I know not to take meetings or calls then. Got a text as I left to buy milk for the office, which ruined my NSD, only to find out someone else had too and I didn't have to. Grrrrr. So I took the milk home for myself as I needed some anyway.

When I got home I checked what state my defrosted avocado was in. Went to cut through it and the knife went straight through the stone in the middle too! Despite this, it was still terribly hard so decided to bin it. Improvised on dinner from there.

No gym this morning but I'll go afterwards. I've got some homemade meatballs to make when I get home too so I'll try and get it everything done in a timely fashion.

OL - That's such a shame and what a shock to everyone. My thoughts are with you all.
    Gers - Safe travels. Hope your DM is well.
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    Good morning, it's grey and misty today, don't know how it will develop.

OL, so sorry about your BIL, what a terrible shock for the family.

Holly, your appointment seems to have gone well.

Well, I went to Bon Mar*he the other day, bought 2 pairs of straight leg jeans, size 12, 29" inside leg. They were a tiny bit slack round the waist, but the 10 was too tight. so I thought the 12 would be ok. I liked the fabric as well, it is nice and soft. Sometimes jeans are heavy and hot.

I wore a pair yesterday to go out with a friend, and of course they give a bit with wear don't they, so I ended up hauling them up.
    I'll have to wear a belt. It's not the jeans, it's my ridiculous body, It's a bit disappointing.

Years ago, in this area there used to be a chain of shops called Geordie Jeans, and they sold "between" sizes. Their size 11 fitted me perfectly, but the shop doesn't exist now.
    I don't know, I've wasted more money than enough over the years on trousers that don't fit properly.
    So that's my tale of woe, but it's definitely not the jeans, it must be my queer shape.

AOD, about your open plan nightwear - I bought 2 pure cotton nightshirts in M&S 10 years ago. They were one of their brands, and I got them in the sale - I'm still wearing them!! They are really soft with age now, but there's still a bit of life in them. I prefer pure cotton, I find it cooler. You would never see me in polyester satin in lovely colours, far too hot.

That's it really, card making this arvo, just general stuff.

Thinking of the sad and poorly people.

Take care folks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

ScarletRibbons, look on the net there are always vids on there showing how to do a simple job to make things fit better. The vids are often on facebook.

Its our anniversary today, this time 22 years ago we were on our way to Musselburgh for a 9am appointment. We were travelling down to Harrogate afterwards to attend a National Trust weekend. We had just two witnesses, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast with champers was our wedding breakfast.

Aldi this morning, so off in a mo to do the shopping.

A much duller morning, rain is forecast for later and its to be a lot cooler.

Quick one this morning, need to get to Aldi before the masses.

Sausage and mash tonigh for supper, possibly banana for dessert.
  • mehefin
    mehefin Posts: 628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A quick good morning from a wet and dull mehefinland
    The girls are a lot happier now its cooler - They were suffering as they still have their winter coats and haven't started the big moult yet.
    When you think 12 months ago we were waiting on the snow and ended up chin deep by this time tomorrow.
    Well it gives us something to talk about.lol

Need to get a bale of haylage later, and have a Waitr*se delivery this afternoon. DS' latest GF's father has been diagnosed with stage 4 C and is in bits, so got to drop him at the station after work so he can go into Cardiff. His car goes in for MOT tomorrow so its a logistical nightmare at the moment.

Condolences to OL, Good vibes to HollyH.

Hugs and spoons as always
    :wave::wave: Nanny .. Got your leeks ready for tomorrow? Or are you a daffodil girl?:D Oops and Taff too.

Mehefin
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,
    Holly,glad your appointment went well.That was a lot of people to see!
    Lame Wolf- good to 'see' you.

OL,glad you have fond memories of BIL - think 1 glass of whisky would do me in,I'm a lightweight .
    Just dropped DGS off at school,the roads were really quiet for some reason.Its started drizzling here now :(
    Had a nice lunch out with my cousins yesterday.I had fish and chips but couldnt eat it all,didnt want any tea then was hungry later on!
    My niece has gone into hospital this morning for her planned Caesarian so am waiting on news....
    Must go and catch up on housework now.I did a good tidy downstairs yesterday before I went out ( in case the cousins came in when I got dropped back off :D ) but its back to normal now ;)
    Have a good day xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • mehefin
    mehefin Posts: 628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Horses moult? Wow that's a new one on me.

Gosh yes. It comes off in handfuls when they really get going. Sometimes they will roll on the grass and you can't see the green afterwards:D Also because they are natives they seem to have thicker coats. We used to have a Shetland pony next door and I have seen that with frost on its back. He was perfectly happy as the coat was so thick he was well insulated.
  • dreamyd
    dreamyd Posts: 254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning Hugs and thoughts for all who need them.
    It's been a while - I've been lurking, reading forums on the quiet, mostly because I couldn't remember my login or my password.
    This morning was a bit foggy - crisper than the last couple of days. I've had to change the bus route into work because of unexpected roadworks, and it's forcing me to get organised, which can't be a bad thing. Got in the building at 8.15, which gave me a good half hour to write in the Dept Library.

Breakfast was baked carrot and cinnamon porridge bars, lunch will be a WW wrap with 70% off YS chicken breast slices,carrots, tomatoes and satsumas. Not sure what dinner will be , but a HM curry to use up the mushrooms and spinach looks likely.

Hope you all have your best possible Thursdays, however that looks.
    Surviving the ups and downs of life with DH
    RIP Garden Tiger January 2007 - May 2022
    Weight loss 20.5/124lbs
    MF since 12/18

Fashion on the Ration 2022 53/66 coupons remaining
    2022 Decluttering challenge 300/2022 items banished

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning! Have appointment with CAB today, need to find a near car park since walking just knackers me out and gives me aches and pains, it's supposed to be good for me but I can't tell yet...:)
    Weather is pants today, raining and windy, the fire is looking like a safe bet for after, glad i went out yesterday, got a little sage plant as the two in the front garden look a bit ropey and also don't have that much flavour. The aliums and tulips are coming through really well, I've never grown aliums just for decoration before, I hope they live up to the hype. Did aheva quick look for International Kidney, but couldn't find any [apparently they're what Jersey Royals are in non-Jersey locations]
    Going to get my seed boxes out after to drool over and see if there's anything mising in terms of what I want to grow this year.
    Also need to work out where I'm going to grow, the piece of ground I want to grow on is uneven but it's too much work to even it out to may have to build up one side using a scaffolding board or something.
    The mind is willing but the body doesn't want to play yet though...Never mind, tomato sowing this weekend!

OL, condolences. AOD, happy pj hunting. I don't wear anything as I'm usually just right. God help any burglars who pop by.And your bear production is through the roof! ..TA, sensible eating plan, I need one too, hope yours goes well! Nelski, course design eww...have a friend with a coaching company, she palms that off on their newest recruit she hates it so much. SO, my father has the same trouble, three different lots of people for three different things have failed to phone him back so far about jobs..Holly, way to go! And I know it's frustrating, but sometimes, people like to do things for you because they want to help, took me a while to work that out...Well done on the downward dogging Speky [?!] Happy Anniversary csarina.

Wotcha missing but not forgotten people
    Tamagochi Thursday!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm glad the appointment went well Holly. Steve's appointment was also good, with a a registrar but a much better one than last weeks. He'd read the notes and was familiar with the case and was very reassuring. They're going to give Steve preventative antibiotics to try to stop him getting another infection after the treatment. They are also going to give us injections to do at home to improve the recovery of his bone marrow.

I'm not really in the mood for doing much this afternoon, I was going to take the filthy car to be cleaned but it's raining so I don't think I will.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Some time ago I applied for blue badges for both of us, a few weeks later they phoned wanting more info which I gave them. I decided to ring them today as we had not heard anything......to cut a long story short, I have just paid from them, we should get them within the next 10 days.......phew.....at last. They will be a great help when we need to go into town, although we will still have to pay when we go to the hospital.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure