We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help with porting my number to PAYG
stormCat99
Posts: 3,345
Forumite
in Mobiles
Hi,
I have got my PAC code from my current contract, as I had intended to use it to take out a new contract.
However, I have now signed up for a new deal, but unfortunately they don't do number porting, so I cannot use my PAC.
I am less concerned about losing my number - although would have been handy to keep it. However if I don't use my PAC, I'll have to give a month's notice to end my contract, whereas PAC would have been a quick contract termination.
I wondered, I have a couple of old PAYG SIMs from ages ago that I've never used, would it be possible to use my PAC to somehow transfer my number to one of those, and thus terminated my existing contract?
Thanks.
I have got my PAC code from my current contract, as I had intended to use it to take out a new contract.
However, I have now signed up for a new deal, but unfortunately they don't do number porting, so I cannot use my PAC.
I am less concerned about losing my number - although would have been handy to keep it. However if I don't use my PAC, I'll have to give a month's notice to end my contract, whereas PAC would have been a quick contract termination.
I wondered, I have a couple of old PAYG SIMs from ages ago that I've never used, would it be possible to use my PAC to somehow transfer my number to one of those, and thus terminated my existing contract?
Thanks.
0
Comments
-
In a word, Yes. just make sure that they haven't expired. :AWell life is harsh, hug me don't reject me.0
-
OK - that is good news, thanks for that.
However on the expiry front, they are from about a year ago I think. I didn't realise they would expire
Is there anywhere I can get one for free at the mo?0 -
If they don't have an expiry date on them, then they should be okay.
What network do you want one on?Well life is harsh, hug me don't reject me.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards