We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Contracts - Fixed amount bill?
bubblegum2
Posts: 44 Forumite
in Mobiles
I'm thinking about getting my son a contract phone because at the moment he is using ten pounds a week in top up cards :mad:
My own contract phone is £19 per month but I basically get £60 worth of credit to use on text, miutes or a mixture of the two BUT and here's the BUT!!!!!!
...I want a contract where apart from the amount set my son can NOT use over that amount so I'll never get a bill as such just the monthly contract cost
T mobile do something called U-fix which is pretty much what I want but I just wondered who else does so that I can compare prices/plans
My own contract phone is £19 per month but I basically get £60 worth of credit to use on text, miutes or a mixture of the two BUT and here's the BUT!!!!!!
...I want a contract where apart from the amount set my son can NOT use over that amount so I'll never get a bill as such just the monthly contract cost
T mobile do something called U-fix which is pretty much what I want but I just wondered who else does so that I can compare prices/plans
Debts:
Student Loan
Student Overdraft
Cerdit Cards
Not ready to work out the total yet
Student Loan
Student Overdraft
Cerdit Cards
Not ready to work out the total yet
0
Comments
-
No one else does anything like U-Fix.
Whilst Networks might be able to set credit limits ,they can be easily exceeded,and cannot be relied on.0 -
Errrmmm....That might be why I couldn't find anything then

ThanksDebts:
Student Loan
Student Overdraft
Cerdit Cards
Not ready to work out the total yet
0 -
What payg network is he on at moment and what tariff is on. Is he a texter or a talker. It might be possible to lower cost of top ups.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards