Ebay Fees

Options
2»

Comments

• theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,338 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    According to that it sold four times, not three, on the 12th (relisted 1 1/2 hours later), 13th (relisted 3 days later), 19th (relisted 2 days later) and the 22nd. The first of these isn't on ebay sold listing - not clear why.

You are not being charged for three sales - Total credits-£186.58 looks like it covers two auctions. It looks like you might be being charged for two sales and the unsuccessful sales attempts.
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • dunroving
    dunroving Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    This thread concerns me, as I am having a nightmare selling a bike on eBay. The first winner didn't pay up so I submitted a non-payment claim.

The relist auction winner has now done exactly the same, even though I started the relist description with "[Please note that this item is being re-listed after successful bidder did not pay. Please do not bid unless you intend to buy!]" So, as he isn't responding, I will have to submit another unpaid item case to claim back the sale fees. However, if I'm understanding correctly, I'll still have to pay the listing fees?.

Contrary to what has been said, when I listed this item, there was no clear list of the associated fees. I had to search, for example, to see that using a Reserve price costs 4% of the reserve amount (which in this case would be close to £80). I would expect a fair way to display fees would be for them to be shown on the screen next to the buttons you click on to add Buy It Now, Reserve, etc.

The other things that is really ticking me off is that other than the "one strike against" the buyers who didn't pay up, I can't leave Feedback - shouldn't sellers be able to see a negative comment in a buyer's Feedback profile?

eBay seems to have the monopoly, as I think most buyers go there rather than Facebay, Gumtree, etc. I've had the bike listed there, and on Pinkbike, etc. for almost a month, with no response.
    (Nearly) dunroving
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It clearly states the listing fees before you list the item.
  • dunroving
    dunroving Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    MarkN88 wrote: »
    It clearly states the listing fees before you list the item.

Weird, because when I list anything, I see the statement about "listing fees above", but there is definitely no list of fees. That's why I went in search of the Help page on fees.
    (Nearly) dunroving
  • kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    dunroving wrote: »
    Weird, because when I list anything, I see the statement about "listing fees above", but there is definitely no list of fees. That's why I went in search of the Help page on fees.
    Don't set a reserve price, that's throwing money away.

Simply set your starting bid as the minimum you are prepared to accept (i.e. a reserve price :) ).

If you only get one bid you'll get what you want, albeit the minimum. For no bids it's cost you a listing fee and most private sellers get 100 free listings a day anyway.

If 4% is £80 then I suggest holding off on listing until you get a 'Maximum selling fee is £1' offer - although not sure if everyone gets them
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yeah I agree don't use the reserve option and just set the minimum you will accept as the starting bid as this then guarantees that you get at least what you want for the item and then anything else is a bonus for you really. That way you will just pay FVF when it sells.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure